05/22/14, 08:16 PM   #1
Auldjohn

Exclamation Minion Updates for both NA and EU Add-Ons?

My Minion install is set up for the ESO NA Megaserver. I also play on the EU Megaserver, but Minion does not update Add-Ons in the EU directory.

I edited Minion settings to the EU Add-Ons directory. However when I restarted Minion it stalled on the splash screen. Even closing the app using the context menu or Task Manager, when restarted Minion continued to stall at the splash screen.

The only way I could get Minion to work again was a fresh install. I left the default setting as the NA Add-Ons directory. Fortunately after the reinstall Minion loaded properly and still listed my installed Add-Ons.

When I changed the ESO Launcher to the EU Megaserver and started ESO, Add-Ons in the EU folder were outdated and had not been updated by Minion. The problem persists even with the latest .8 Minion version installed.

The only way I can keep EU Add-Ons up to date is to manually copy them from the NA Add-Ons directory after they have been updated by Minion set to NA.

Is there a better solution?

If not, please consider this an urgent Feature Request. I am a Leader and Officer for our Guild and need to play on both NA and EU Megaservers with Add-Ons up to date for both.
05/22/14, 08:43 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion should detect both NA and EU addon folders and they should show up separately on the game list on the left side. You'll need to install the addons under each game on the list to the left separately. Then you can enable auto-update under options for each game too.

Minion handles NA and EU as separate games. So you need to click the game on the left, do your business then click the next game on the list and do your business again.

If you are still having trouble can you please post your minion.xml and log files? http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Thanks
05/22/14, 11:04 PM   #3
Auldjohn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Minion should detect both NA and EU addon folders and they should show up separately on the game list on the left side. You'll need to install the addons under each game on the list to the left separately. Then you can enable auto-update under options for each game too.

Minion handles NA and EU as separate games. So you need to click the game on the left, do your business then click the next game on the list and do your business again.

If you are still having trouble can you please post your minion.xml and log files? http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Thanks
@Dolby,

Thanks for the tip. As you suggested, I added a second instance of ESO, set to EU. Minion updated the EU Add-ons, though I'm unable to test in-game since the EU Megaserver is temporarily off-line for the Update and Patch for Craglorn and other fixes.

Your answer to me about adding the second instance of ESO to Minion would be a great addition to the FAQ.
05/23/14, 12:23 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should auto-detect it.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Updates for both NA and EU Add-Ons?