01/07/22, 02:01 PM   #1
Alexious

Any way to make it so the gamepad UI scale stays consistent with the K&M scale?

I've been looking for an addon or an option to do this, but I can't find anything. Since I switch between combat with the gamepad and interface management with the keyboard and mouse, it is quite annoying to have the interface scale changing all the time.
01/07/22, 03:08 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My scale settings slider (at the video settings) stays the same for me if I switch between the input modes?
My screen res: 1920x1080 -> using Nvidia Dynamic Super resoution (DSR) to upscale to 3840x2160 via Geforce Experience.
But also tested without DSR in native 1920x1080.

Slider was set to 1 (default), 0.8 and 1.0645744800568 (values checked via inspection tool merTorchbug, inspecting via chat command
Code:
/tb Options_Video_CustomScaleSlider:GetValue()
while the video settings panel was shown

Switched to gamepad/keyboard mode via keybinding and manually via the settings menu.

So I'm not sure what exactly you mean/talk about if you say "scale" here or maybe any other adodn of yours forces the scale to change?
Did you try with all addons disabled?
01/08/22, 03:06 AM   #3
Alexious

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
My scale settings slider (at the video settings) stays the same for me if I switch between the input modes?
My screen res: 1920x1080 -> using Nvidia Dynamic Super resoution (DSR) to upscale to 3840x2160 via Geforce Experience.
But also tested without DSR in native 1920x1080.

Slider was set to 1 (default), 0.8 and 1.0645744800568 (values checked via inspection tool merTorchbug, inspecting via chat command
Code:
/tb Options_Video_CustomScaleSlider:GetValue()
while the video settings panel was shown

Switched to gamepad/keyboard mode via keybinding and manually via the settings menu.

So I'm not sure what exactly you mean/talk about if you say "scale" here or maybe any other adodn of yours forces the scale to change?
Did you try with all addons disabled?
That's not really possible unless you disabled Gamepad UI, which has its own UI scale slider and it's not exactly the same as the keyboard mode one. And no, it's not an addon thing, it does the same regardless of addons.
01/08/22, 09:56 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's not really possible unless you disabled Gamepad UI, which has its own UI scale slider and it's not exactly the same as the keyboard mode one.

And where is this slider? The video settings menu looks the same for me, no matter if in Gamepad input mode or keyboard input mode?

I'm switching the input mode in the inagme settings menu via the dropdown box "Gamepad mode", changing between "Yes" and "No". I'm not using "Auto".

Are you talking about the checkbox "Use custom scale" and the slider below it to change the scale at the game's ingame video settings?

I've changed my ingame language to EN to make some screenshots.
After character selection I logegd in to the ingame world.
Keyboard mode.
Pressed ESC key and checked the video settings:

Switched to gamepaly settings -> Gamepad -> Changed gamepad dropdown to On.
The settings automatically close.
Re-opened them, gameplay settings:

Switched to video settings, same slider shown as before for the scaling:

Here is the proof I'm in gamepad input mode as this was checked:

I do not own any controller so I'm still using the keyboard input during gamepad mode. But I wonder if this would affect the scaling in any way.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/08/22 at 10:06 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Any way to make it so the gamepad UI scale stays consistent with the K&M scale?