04/28/14, 08:32 AM   #1
Myrroddin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
code blocks and php code broken in posts

I tried using both the [ code ] [ /code ] and [ highlight = lua ] [ /highlight ] as both select text and apply, and manually add the tags in this thread: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177

As you can see, the code block got broken up into two chunks, which I did not do; I even tried editing the post in preview mode and it kept putting in close tags. I edited them out to no avail.
04/28/14, 08:58 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You have color tags and other tags inside the code block which is not recommended. Switch to the standard editor and you can see the color tag mess.

I would not recommend using vBulletins wysiwyg editor when pasting code. You can change the default editor setting under Your username on the menu bar, then "User Control Panel", then "Edit Options" and scroll down and the setting is near the bottom.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/28/14 at 10:00 AM.
04/29/14, 09:44 AM   #3
Myrroddin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't doubt it was a mess LOL. Thank you for fixing it, Dolby. I didn't do anything different than I can, and sometimes do on wowinterface, and I use the WYSIWYG editor there without trouble.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » code blocks and php code broken in posts