05/09/15, 08:20 PM   #1
Augmenti-DeMontia
MyStatusWindow

It's been running fine as long as the Horse Timer was false, due to the new mount stat system. In the last 24 hours, now I get this error and MyStatusWindow no longer shows up in the Addon Settings window. The mod is still functioning, with excepting of horse timer and can manually make adjustments in the MyStatusWindow.lua .

Anyone recognize what this problem is?

Code:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:63: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:153: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
	user:/AddOns/MyStatusWindow/Lib/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:300: in function 'CreateAddonList'
	user:/AddOns/MyStatusWindow/Lib/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:308: in function '(main chunk)'
Thanks for any tips
05/10/15, 03:34 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This error comes from an old LibAddonMenu. Check your addon. It should use r17.
The file "LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua" should contain this:
Code:
--Register LAM with LibStub
local MAJOR, MINOR = "LibAddonMenu-2.0", 17
If not, replace the folder with a new one.
05/10/15, 11:51 AM   #3
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the reply Votan.

I can really only edit in Notepad ++, so no luck. I've never really tried this before and don't understand the modding structure atm.

I'm out of my league but tried shotgunning it by adding new updated folders to the /lib . Then tried editing MyStatusWindow.lua 'locals' to include new directory paths /LibAddonMenu-2.0 , /LibStub and /LibMediaProvider-1.0 . Also tried to edit the "LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua (currently 14) to 17.

I would try to fix it, if I knew how, thanks!

Last edited by Augmenti-DeMontia : 05/10/15 at 11:53 AM.
05/10/15, 12:13 PM   #4
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Augmenti-DeMontia View Post
Thanks for the reply Votan.

I can really only edit in Notepad ++, so no luck. I've never really tried this before and don't understand the modding structure atm.

I'm out of my league but tried shotgunning it by adding new updated folders to the /lib . Then tried editing MyStatusWindow.lua 'locals' to include new directory paths /LibAddonMenu-2.0 , /LibStub and /LibMediaProvider-1.0 . Also tried to edit the "LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua (currently 14) to 17.

I would try to fix it, if I knew how, thanks!
Ok. r14 is definitive old
Try to find another addon with a "LibAddonMenu-2.0" folder, those file has 17 already.
When copy&paste the whole folder over your "LibAddonMenu-2.0". That's it.
05/10/15, 03:06 PM   #5
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks again for your reply Votan.

The original author had a file called LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua, LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua and LibStub.lua. The game did not like it when I changed all 3 to current folder/directory based info, since an error message never went away. Originally thought I could change the default paths for these 3 in the main MyStatusWindow.lua under 'local' , but I'm probably trying to do too much at once.
/lib/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua
/lib/LibMediaProvider-1.0/LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
/lib/LibStub/LibStub.lua

When I only replaced the LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua file
/lib/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua

I get the following new error:
user:/AddOns/MyStatusWindow/settings.lua:1: Cannot find a library instance of "LibAddonMenu-2.0".
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MyStatusWindow/Lib/LibStub.lua:27: in function 'LibStub:GetLibrary'
user:/AddOns/MyStatusWindow/settings.lua:1: in function '(main chunk)'

Thanks for any tips.

Edit: Oh I see now there is a addon called LibAddonMenu , so I'll give it a try.

Last edited by Augmenti-DeMontia : 05/10/15 at 03:18 PM.
05/10/15, 09:11 PM   #6
Augmenti-DeMontia
I got it, was trying to change the path in the MyStatusWindow.lua instead of the MyStatusWindow.txt , duh.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » MyStatusWindow