ZAM's Minion, currently in open beta, is a new AddOn manager optimized for use with ESO. Install, update & manage AddOns... Learn more!
Download
(168 Kb)
Download
Updated: 09/20/14 11:37 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Update 4 (1.4.3)
Updated:09/20/14 11:37 AM
Created:03/16/14 12:09 AM
Downloads:277,609
Favorites:594
MD5:
1.4.3
Inventory Grid View  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 1.3.3b
by: ingeniousclown, Randactyl
Hey! As of update 1.1.3, it is now possible to easily create your own skins for others to download! Please see the Inventory Grid View Skin Template for more details!


Replace your default inventory's list view with a more compact grid view! The default list view shows 11-12 items at a time (in my case), so it can become a pain to navigate your inventory.

Grid view sacrifices detailed information for more pictures. Sometimes you want the detailed information, so I've included a button at the bottom that will toggle the grid on and off.

Grid view is now supported in the quest, store, and buyback screens! These screens now all have the same functionality, including the toggle button at the bottom of the window.

Features:
  • Grid view for your main inventory, your bank, your guild bank, your quest items, NPC's stores, AND the buyback screen!
  • Toggle grid view on and off! Useful for when you need to scan with more information.
  • Don't like the outlines? Turn them off!
  • Customizable grid size.
  • Four different skins to choose from!
  • Works with Research Assistant and Advanced Filters!

Special thanks to Rushmik for supplying the art for his skin!


ingeniousclown has stepped away from this addon, however I'm continuing to support it and add new features! If you encounter any bugs or have a suggestion, leave a comment here or message me either on the site or ingame at @Randactyl. If you'd like to donate, I'm always willing to accept in-game gold
However, I can't take credit for all of this, so I've left ingeniousclown's original donation info below.

If you like what I'm doing, why not consider donating? Remember that this is IN NO WAY REQUIRED to enjoy my add-ons! Just think of it as an extra way to say "Hey man, I like what you're doing. Can I buy you a beer?"

v1.3.3b - Randactyl
- Update API version to 100009

v1.3.3 - Randactyl
- Moved API version to 100008
- Updated settings to LAM-2.0r14

v1.3.2 - Randactyl
- Fixed an error that popped up when mousing over a wayshrine pin

v1.3.1 - Randactyl
- Fixed AP cost not being shown in the tooltip for AvA items

v1.3 - Randactyl
- Added Grid View to the quest, vendor, and buyback menus!
- Made a change to prevent scroll bars from breaking after the 1.3.x update rolls out
- Updated settings to LAM-2.0 r13

v1.1.5
-Update to LibAddonMenu-2.0r8
-Updated to API 100007 and added requisite README


v1.1.4
-Updated to LibAddonMenu-2.0r7
-The example grid box in the settings menu will now react again to mouseovers and outline toggling.


v1.1.3b
-Updated to LibAddonMenu-2.0r6 - this will put the dropdown menus back in the correct order.


v1.1.3
-Updated to LibAddonMenu-2.0
-Updating LibAddonMenu-2.0 broke part of the functionality of the "example" in the settings. The basic part of it still works, and that's all that's really necessary.
-Added "Circles: by Tonyleila"
-I'm tired of adding skins, so I wrote a function to register them with an external add-on. Please see the template for more details.


v1.1.2
-Added skin support for the toggle icon
-Added Tonyleila's "Clean Icons" skin (with minor modifications)
-Icons from other addons that rely on the row's "isGrid" property should now behave properly; this includes Research Assistant.
-The sample icon in the settings menu now properly reflects what skin you choose.


v1.1.1
-Update to API 100004
-Fixed a bug where AddGold would throw an error. This won't completely fix the error that everyone is talking about, because the bug is in ZO's code.
-Gold should no longer randomly stop being hidden in grid view.
-Hopefully fixed an issue with Research Assistant's icons sometimes being shifted to the right.
-Updated to the most recent revision of LAM.


v1.1.0b
-Fixed a compatibility issue with Research Assistant. This version or later is required for Research Assistant to integrate properly with the grid.


v1.1.0
-Added Rushmik's skin to the add-on.
-Added setting for skin choice in the settings menu.
-Added toggle for gold on the tooltip in the settings menu.
-Reset settings. Defaults are now to the Rushmik skin with minimum magic quality to "Magic".


v1.0.2b
-Added nil check to AddGold function
-Attempted to fix a problem where some users would see the sell value control in Grid View.


v1.0.2
-Tooltips will now add a line with the value of the stack.
-Added a "minimum quality" option for the outlines.


v1.0.1
-Fixed the bug that ruined list view when changing grid view settings for inventories that have it disabled.
-Moved the toggle button back to its home in the bottom of the window.


v1.0.0
-Settings window added under SETTINGS menu!
-Added a real icon to toggle grid view and moved it to the upper left-hand corner of the inventory window.
-Added a custom mouse-over background for the grid view that is colored by the rarity of the item. This is still colored when the outline is turned off.
-Removed the slash commands. Now you can use the SETTINGS menu.
-Added a slider to customize the size of the icons in the grid.
-Fixed a bug where the grid wasn't properly calculating the spacing between grid icons. The grid should now fill the window.


v0.4.3
-Fixed a typo that made the guild bank not work.


v0.4.2
-Fixed an issue where I was indexing the bags with the wrong global constant. As a result, the guild bank should now be grid view-able and the scrolling should now work correctly in the bank.


v0.4.1
-Fixed the scroll bar size


v0.4
-Fixed another issue with slots not reverting to list view
-Added compatibility for my new mod, Research Assistant


v0.3
-Integrated the grid view to the player bank and guild bank.
-Fixed issue where some slots wouldn't convert back to list view
-Cleaned up the code just a little bit :)


v0.21
-Updated API version so it won't say "out of date" anymore


v0.2
-Added rarity outline colors to the grid view (I hope)
-Added slash command "/inventorygridview outlines" to toggle outlines
-Added saved vars to keep track of your grid view and outline settings
-Removed the changelog from the zip because it was being read as another add-on (lol)


v0.12
-Fixed filter swapping.


v0.11
-Added a parent folder to the zip


v0.1
-Initial release
Optional Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
Type
1.0
60kB
06/13/14 11:19 PM
Addon


Archived Files (26)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.3.3
168kB
ingeniousclown
08/04/14 12:42 PM
1.3.2
168kB
ingeniousclown
07/31/14 04:50 PM
1.3.1
168kB
ingeniousclown
07/31/14 11:37 AM
1.3
167kB
ingeniousclown
07/27/14 01:39 PM
1.1.5
132kB
ingeniousclown
06/26/14 09:41 PM
1.1.4
132kB
ingeniousclown
06/16/14 08:34 PM
1.1.3b
132kB
ingeniousclown
06/14/14 10:25 AM
1.1.3
132kB
ingeniousclown
06/13/14 10:51 PM
1.1.2
94kB
ingeniousclown
06/01/14 12:13 AM
1.1.1
89kB
ingeniousclown
05/25/14 10:50 AM
1.1.0b
88kB
ingeniousclown
04/28/14 11:24 PM
1.1.0
88kB
ingeniousclown
04/25/14 07:08 PM
1.0.2b
59kB
ingeniousclown
04/20/14 09:38 AM
1.0.2
59kB
ingeniousclown
04/20/14 01:42 AM
1.0.1
58kB
ingeniousclown
04/12/14 09:24 AM
1.0.0
64kB
ingeniousclown
04/11/14 11:43 PM
0.4.3
10kB
ingeniousclown
04/09/14 10:08 PM
0.4.2
10kB
ingeniousclown
04/09/14 05:18 PM
0.4.1
10kB
ingeniousclown
04/08/14 11:49 PM
0.4
10kB
ingeniousclown
04/03/14 01:00 AM
0.3
10kB
ingeniousclown
04/01/14 06:56 PM
0.21
11kB
ingeniousclown
03/30/14 01:34 PM
0.2
11kB
ingeniousclown
03/30/14 12:55 PM
0.12
5kB
ingeniousclown
03/16/14 03:11 PM
0.11
5kB
ingeniousclown
03/16/14 01:15 AM
0.1
4kB
ingeniousclown
03/16/14 12:09 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 10/15/14, 11:09 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Randactyl
Originally Posted by babylon
Originally Posted by Randactyl
I believe that you're having a problem, but I obviously have been unable to reproduce it after fairly extensive tests.

I'm sorry that you have come to the conclusion to uninstall IGV. If anything, the tests and results that I have supplied show that IGV is not the "dodgy" one as you said before your edit.
That's not what you said here -

Originally Posted by Randactyl
[*]Very quickly scrolling up and down caused an FPS drop of ~30.
It just looks like you cba fixing it, because you're now acting like nothing is wrong at all when you know you saw this issue yourself. That's fine, like I said I'm just going to keep it uninstalled, because I don't like keeping any addons that aren't working properly.

I would prefer that you kept looking into it though.
I did say that. I've also said that test case is the most unorthodox because it involves an action that only someone intentionally trying to tax the system would perform - that is to scroll up and down at an absurdly fast pace. That is also one of the test cases that you dismissed multiple times as "not the problem".

Taking care of all of the addons I'm responsible for is the first thing I do when a content update hits PTS, an incremental patch hits Live, or any number of the nights I get to load ESO at all. In fact, They are all updated for 1.5 already.

Please do not insinuate that I can't be bothered to take care of my addons. Clearly they take up a significant portion of my time in ESO, and I'm glad to spend the time on them.

I clearly said that I believe you're having a problem with IGV. What I can't be bothered to do is go on a witch hunt for a bug that one user has reported, which I have tested extensively and cannot reproduce even in as close to the conditions as possible that were provided in the bug report.

Again, as I said, if you want to discuss this further please PM me.
Otherwise, good day.
Nobody is reporting it because they probably haven't noticed the tiny issue while in bank/bags which is what led me to test it beyond normal use.

I reported it thinking you might be interested in this new thing happening to your addon, and try to fix it.

1) It only happens with your addon installed.

2) You found the same issue yourself.

Something is up, just try to figure out what. I've already uninstalled it, but if anyone else is having performance issues they might like to know addons that could be causing these issues.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 10:22 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Originally Posted by babylon
Originally Posted by Randactyl
I believe that you're having a problem, but I obviously have been unable to reproduce it after fairly extensive tests.

I'm sorry that you have come to the conclusion to uninstall IGV. If anything, the tests and results that I have supplied show that IGV is not the "dodgy" one as you said before your edit.
That's not what you said here -

Originally Posted by Randactyl
[*]Very quickly scrolling up and down caused an FPS drop of ~30.
It just looks like you cba fixing it, because you're now acting like nothing is wrong at all when you know you saw this issue yourself. That's fine, like I said I'm just going to keep it uninstalled, because I don't like keeping any addons that aren't working properly.

I would prefer that you kept looking into it though.
I did say that. I've also said that test case is the most unorthodox because it involves an action that only someone intentionally trying to tax the system would perform - that is to scroll up and down at an absurdly fast pace. That is also one of the test cases that you dismissed multiple times as "not the problem".

Taking care of all of the addons I'm responsible for is the first thing I do when a content update hits PTS, an incremental patch hits Live, or any number of the nights I get to load ESO at all. In fact, They are all updated for 1.5 already.

Please do not insinuate that I can't be bothered to take care of my addons. Clearly they take up a significant portion of my time in ESO, and I'm glad to spend the time on them.

I clearly said that I believe you're having a problem with IGV. What I can't be bothered to do is go on a witch hunt for a bug that one user has reported, which I have tested extensively and cannot reproduce even in as close to the conditions as possible that were provided in the bug report.

Again, as I said, if you want to discuss this further please PM me.
Otherwise, good day.
__________________
Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact!
Author of Imperialization, Dye Station Achievement Links, and Stock Up
Maintainer of: Advanced Filters, Inventory Grid View, Item Saver, and libFilters
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 09:22 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Randactyl
I believe that you're having a problem, but I obviously have been unable to reproduce it after fairly extensive tests.

I'm sorry that you have come to the conclusion to uninstall IGV. If anything, the tests and results that I have supplied show that IGV is not the "dodgy" one as you said before your edit.
That's not what you said here -

Originally Posted by Randactyl
[*]Very quickly scrolling up and down caused an FPS drop of ~30.
It just looks like you cba fixing it, because you're now acting like nothing is wrong at all when you know you saw this issue yourself. That's fine, like I said I'm just going to keep it uninstalled, because I don't like keeping any addons that aren't working properly.

I would prefer that you kept looking into it though.
Last edited by babylon : 10/15/14 at 09:40 PM.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 09:14 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Originally Posted by babylon
Nevermind, I'll just leave it uninstalled.

It's possible what's causing the issue is one of my many other addons unrelated to items. But with this addon not installed I'm not seeing any issue, so it's fine for me to just leave it uninstalled and call it a day.

The test method I used is zapping around frantically many times in random directions, not just scrolling up once or whatever, which will show no fps drops. Again, it's NOT SCROLLING that causes this. It's hovering mouse over a ton of icons in random directions quickly, with no item actually selected. Try that (meaning you're not scrolling/using the mouse wheel, you're just moving the mouse pointer rapidly all over your screen). If you do it right it will drop by around 40fps at worst, which is huge. The point is, without this addon installed, doing the same action causes no fps drops at all, which means something is wrong related to this addon and/or its interaction with something else.
>"The test method I used is zapping around frantically many times in random directions, not just scrolling up once or whatever, which will show no fps drops"
I know that's the test method you used. That was your original complaint. That is why the first case I tested in each of the test configurations was erratic mouse movement over the item grid...
Also, I showed that scrolling does cause an FPS drop even if it was small in most cases.

>"Again, it's NOT SCROLLING that causes this."
I know scrolling did not cause an issue for you. But it may be an issue for some other user. Also, similar test cases that may cause similar issues to the one in question are important to broaden the gathered data an help to establish what "normal" really is.

>"If you do it right it will drop by around 40fps at worst, which is huge."
I'm "doing it right" according to the issue you named: "When moving mouse quickly through items in bank or bag this addon now causes huge fps drops."
40 FPS is a huge drop, but I'm sorry to report that the data I've gathered and shown using many different combinations of addons - including the exact combination you said will cause the reported issue - nowhere near corroborates that claim.

>"without this addon installed, doing the same action causes no fps drops at all"
I know you understand this, because you say it in one way or another in the quoted post, but a conflict requires all conflicting parties to be present to exist. If IGV is part of your problem, which it seems like it is, the other part of the conflict was not with the addons you listed or with any of the addons I have installed.


As I have said, I'm more than happy to identify and fix problems or conflicts. I believe that you're having a problem, but I obviously have been unable to reproduce it after fairly extensive tests.

I'm sorry that you have come to the conclusion to uninstall IGV. If anything, the tests and results that I have supplied show that IGV is not the "dodgy" one as you said before your edit.

If you would like to attempt further research on this issue, please PM me.

For reference, my addon list:
Warning: Spoiler
__________________
Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact!
Author of Imperialization, Dye Station Achievement Links, and Stock Up
Maintainer of: Advanced Filters, Inventory Grid View, Item Saver, and libFilters
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 06:45 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
Nevermind, I'll just leave it uninstalled.

It's possible what's causing the issue is one of my many other addons unrelated to items. But with this addon not installed I'm not seeing any issue, so it's fine for me to just leave it uninstalled and call it a day.

The test method I used is zapping around frantically many times in random directions, not just scrolling up once or whatever, which will show no fps drops. Again, it's NOT SCROLLING that causes this. It's hovering mouse over a ton of icons in random directions quickly, with no item actually selected. Try that (meaning you're not scrolling/using the mouse wheel, you're just moving the mouse pointer rapidly all over your screen). If you do it right it will drop by around 40fps at worst, which is huge. The point is, without this addon installed, doing the same action causes no fps drops at all, which means something is wrong related to this addon and/or its interaction with something else.
Last edited by babylon : 10/15/14 at 07:02 PM.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 05:34 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
UPDATE: Item tooltips will be anchored to the beginning of a row in the next IGV update!

Originally Posted by babylon
These are the item-related addons I use -

advanced filters
advanced filters - item saver filters
bait informer
crafting material level display updated
date daedra
harven's split stack slider
inventory item borders (for update 4)
item saver
mr plow - inventory sorter
remember junk


Everything runs fine without Inventory Grid View installed (no fps drops at all when zapping the mouse around through listed items).

Also note this only started happening some time recently (wasn't going on a patch or two ago at least).

It isn't scrolling that is doing this btw - it's moving mouse around OVER the squares containing items, when no item is selected (no scrolling, just very rapid mouse movement over the icons, like sideways, up and down, diagonal, little circles, whatever).

Obviously this isn't normal use, but to me it's an issue because it just started happening, and because on my machine I don't expect to see this sort of thing occur at all. Because it just started happening, and didn't before, to me it means something has gone wrong and needs fixing.
When I say "outside of normal use" I'm not meaning to write you off. I just mean that it may not be a problem that needs immediate fixing. I'm not saying I'm unwilling to fix it.

I know you only reported the issue for erratic mouse movement - that doesn't mean I should test a variety of different actions for similar behavior.

All of the following tests were done inside of Uveran Bank in Davon's Watch on my bank inventory (15 rows of 10 items).
FPS changes were determined by observation of the FPS counter in Wykkyd's Toolbar.
The chat box was collapsed (click the arrow in the bottom left corner).
No other unnecessary programs or processes were running.
All ESO graphics settings are maxed.

The test computer's specs are:

i5-3570K @ 3.80 GHz
Radeon HD 7870 w/ 2GB DDR5, driver version 14.301.1001 and Catalyst version 14.9, and 3 1080p monitors attached.
16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1333 RAM
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9841 x64
OS and ESO both on 250GB SSD


Let's revisit my initial findings. These were compiled with all of my addons enabled (a lot).
  • Action: Move the mouse pointer erratically over the gridded list of items.
    Result: Average FPS drop of ~10.
  • Action: Use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list.
    Result: Average FPS drop of ~10.
  • Action: Very quickly scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel over the list of items.
    Result: Average FPS drop of ~30.
  • Action: "Normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to observe the tooltip)
    Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-4.

And now lets look at today's tests:
  1. Addons enabled: your list of addons, Inventory Grid View, Wykkyd's Core Libraries + Wykkyd's Toolbar
    • Action: Move the mouse pointer erratically over the gridded list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~5-7.
    • Action: Use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~5.
    • Action: Very quickly scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel over the list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~18.
    • Action: "Normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to observe the tooltip)
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.


  2. Addons enabled: Inventory Grid View, Wykkyd's Core Libraries + Wykkyd's Toolbar
    • Action: Move the mouse pointer erratically over the gridded list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~3-5.
    • Action: Use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~5-6.
    • Action: Very quickly scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel over the list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~14-15.
    • Action: "Normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to observe the tooltip)
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.


  3. Addons enabled: your list of addons, Wykkyd's Core Libraries + Wykkyd's Toolbar
    • Action: Move the mouse pointer erratically over the gridded list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~7-9.
    • Action: Use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.
    • Action: Very quickly scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel over the list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~2-3.
    • Action: "Normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to observe the tooltip)
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-3.


  4. Addons enabled: Wykkyd's Core Libraries + Wykkyd's Toolbar
    • Action: Move the mouse pointer erratically over the gridded list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~2-4.
    • Action: Use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.
    • Action: Very quickly scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel over the list of items.
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.
    • Action: "Normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to observe the tooltip)
      Result: Average FPS drop of ~1-2.


Analysis:

Comparing tests two and four, the increase in average dropped frames is fairly negligable for all cases except for the most unorthodox - which should never be a real problem someone runs into and for that reason, we won't talk about it.

Comparing tests two and three, the increase in average dropped frames over test four is fairly negligable for all cases. In fact, the case that you are saying worked better performed worse for your stated issue.

Considerations:

When determining what is causing a drop in framerate there are many many factors to consider - such as what else is being drawn on your screen while the tests are being done? What other processes are running on your computer? Graphics card specs, processor specs, RAM specs, computer temperature, etc. This is why I provided so much detail about the testing conditions.

Conclusion:

I have not found compelling data that exhibits innordinate FPS loss. If you could give an example of what you're seeing as "huge fps drops" or even better repeat the four new tests above that may give me a tiny shred of insight into what the root issue may be.
__________________
Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact!
Author of Imperialization, Dye Station Achievement Links, and Stock Up
Maintainer of: Advanced Filters, Inventory Grid View, Item Saver, and libFilters
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/14, 04:25 AM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Randactyl
Originally Posted by babylon

Awesome, if you can't see any issue your end let me know and I'll list all the addons related to items etc I use, in case you aren't using them, to try troubleshoot further.
Just tested on both NA and the PTS.
  • Moving the mouse exactly how you describe (crazy up and down, back and forth) and saw an FPS drop of ~10.
  • Using the mouse to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list (fifteen rows for me) caused an FPS drop of ~10.
  • Very quickly scrolling up and down caused an FPS drop of ~30.
  • What I would classify as "normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to read the item's name) caused an FPS drop of ~1-4.
I have an idea for something to mitigate this, but as the biggest and actual potential issues are outside of "normal use" I'll likely get around to this when I have time.

Could you please list the other addons you think may be involved?
These are the item-related addons I use -

advanced filters
advanced filters - item saver filters
bait informer
crafting material level display updated
date daedra
harven's split stack slider
inventory item borders (for update 4)
item saver
mr plow - inventory sorter
remember junk


Everything runs fine without Inventory Grid View installed (no fps drops at all when zapping the mouse around through listed items).

Also note this only started happening some time recently (wasn't going on a patch or two ago at least).

It isn't scrolling that is doing this btw - it's moving mouse around OVER the squares containing items, when no item is selected (no scrolling, just very rapid mouse movement over the icons, like sideways, up and down, diagonal, little circles, whatever).

Obviously this isn't normal use, but to me it's an issue because it just started happening, and because on my machine I don't expect to see this sort of thing occur at all. Because it just started happening, and didn't before, to me it means something has gone wrong and needs fixing.
Last edited by babylon : 10/15/14 at 01:40 PM.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/14, 10:00 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Originally Posted by babylon

Awesome, if you can't see any issue your end let me know and I'll list all the addons related to items etc I use, in case you aren't using them, to try troubleshoot further.
Just tested on both NA and the PTS.
  • Moving the mouse exactly how you describe (crazy up and down, back and forth) and saw an FPS drop of ~10.
  • Using the mouse to quickly scroll to the bottom of the list (fifteen rows for me) caused an FPS drop of ~10.
  • Very quickly scrolling up and down caused an FPS drop of ~30.
  • What I would classify as "normal use" (moving the mouse to items and taking a moment to read the item's name) caused an FPS drop of ~1-4.
I have an idea for something to mitigate this, but as the biggest and actual potential issues are outside of "normal use" I'll likely get around to this when I have time.

Could you please list the other addons you think may be involved?
__________________
Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact!
Author of Imperialization, Dye Station Achievement Links, and Stock Up
Maintainer of: Advanced Filters, Inventory Grid View, Item Saver, and libFilters
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/14, 09:54 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Randactyl

Originally Posted by babylon
When moving mouse quickly through items in bank or bag this addon now causes huge fps drops.

Test by moving mouse up and down rapidly while in your bank etc, over all the item squares.

I tried disabling other addons that were in any way related to items or item tooltips and none of them were found responsible, and after disabling this addon the issue went away.

It could be that something isn't playing nicely with this addon, it's just that there is no issue when this addon isn't installed.

i7 2600k and gtx780sc acx and 8 gigs 1600 DDR3 RAM and Samsung 850 Pro 500 gig SSD, win7 ultimate, latest drivers and updates, etc.
Thanks for the info, I'll check this out.

Awesome, if you can't see any issue your end let me know and I'll list all the addons related to items etc I use, in case you aren't using them, to try troubleshoot further.
Last edited by babylon : 10/14/14 at 09:56 PM.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/14, 08:16 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Originally Posted by petteuk
Hi there, I love ur addon but the tooltip on mouse over the icons sometimes get in the way, is that any way to hook that anchor to the original place where is next to the inventory window?

Thank you so much!
Oh my goodness, I thought I replied to this! I'll look at this for the next update.

Originally Posted by babylon
When moving mouse quickly through items in bank or bag this addon now causes huge fps drops.

Test by moving mouse up and down rapidly while in your bank etc, over all the item squares.

I tried disabling other addons that were in any way related to items or item tooltips and none of them were found responsible, and after disabling this addon the issue went away.

It could be that something isn't playing nicely with this addon, it's just that there is no issue when this addon isn't installed.

i7 2600k and gtx780sc acx and 8 gigs 1600 DDR3 RAM and Samsung 850 Pro 500 gig SSD, win7 ultimate, latest drivers and updates, etc.
Thanks for the info, I'll check this out.
__________________
Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact!
Author of Imperialization, Dye Station Achievement Links, and Stock Up
Maintainer of: Advanced Filters, Inventory Grid View, Item Saver, and libFilters
Last edited by Randactyl : 10/14/14 at 10:00 PM.
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/14, 05:23 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 57
Uploads: 0
When moving mouse quickly through items in bank or bag this addon now causes huge fps drops.

Test by moving mouse up and down rapidly while in your bank etc, over all the item squares.

I tried disabling other addons that were in any way related to items or item tooltips and none of them were found responsible, and after disabling this addon the issue went away.

It could be that something isn't playing nicely with this addon, it's just that there is no issue when this addon isn't installed.

i7 2600k and gtx780sc acx and 8 gigs 1600 DDR3 RAM and Samsung 850 Pro 500 gig SSD, win7 ultimate, latest drivers and updates, etc.
Last edited by babylon : 10/14/14 at 08:09 PM.
babylon is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/14, 09:14 AM  
petteuk

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
Hi there, I love ur addon but the tooltip on mouse over the icons sometimes get in the way, is that any way to hook that anchor to the original place where is next to the inventory window?

Thank you so much!
petteuk is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/14, 08:30 AM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bug

Originally Posted by Flagrick
There was something on Research Assistant.
It seems to be fixed in 0.8.0
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1....html#comments
Sweet, thanks for the heads up
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/14, 01:12 AM  
Flagrick
 
Flagrick's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 18
File comments: 94
Uploads: 2
Re: Re: Re: Re: bug

Originally Posted by Randactyl
Originally Posted by dopiate
Originally Posted by Randactyl

Edit: Fixed! Uploading now, sorry for the inconvenience!
cool thanks for doing that so quick

I installed this one and no more errors

one odd thing it's having a real hard time keeping the ornate icon in the right place

it's nothing huge but it does that a lot (for me)

thanks for all your hard work
No problem!
Yeah, I've noticed Research Assistant's icons have a habit of getting offset. I'm not sure if it's an issue with me or with RA. I'll look into it once 1.3 is out and things get settled a little.
There was something on Research Assistant.
It seems to be fixed in 0.8.0
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1....html#comments
Flagrick is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/14, 08:54 PM  
Randactyl
 
Randactyl's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 83
Uploads: 10
Re: Re: Re: bug

Originally Posted by dopiate
Originally Posted by Randactyl

Edit: Fixed! Uploading now, sorry for the inconvenience!
cool thanks for doing that so quick

I installed this one and no more errors

one odd thing it's having a real hard time keeping the ornate icon in the right place

it's nothing huge but it does that a lot (for me)

thanks for all your hard work
No problem!
Yeah, I've noticed Research Assistant's icons have a habit of getting offset. I'm not sure if it's an issue with me or with RA. I'll look into it once 1.3 is out and things get settled a little.
Randactyl is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: