Since I (sirinsidiator) have taken over development of LAM-2.0 I decided it will be in the best interest of everyone to make future development a group effort.
With the consent of Seerah I have put LAM-2.0 under The Artistic License 2.0 and created a github project in order to make collaborations possible.
I also want to thank everyone who participated in planning and realizing upcoming changes, especially votan, merlight and Garkin.
If you came here because a message in chat told you so,
then you are using an outdated addon that relies on an older version of LAM-2.0 which might not be compatible with ESO update 6.
But no need to panic. There are a few things you can do in order to get it to work again:
Update your addons. Maybe the author already fixed the problem.
Try to find out which addon uses the outdated version and ask for help in the comment section.
Ask for help in our comment section.
Replace LibAddonMenu-2.0 in all your addons with the newest version.
LibAddonMenu-2.0 is now released!
Your addons will continue to work under LAM-1.0, however that version of the library will no longer be receiving updates, and you will not receive any benefits of LAM-2.0.
** NOTE: If you are using a version of LAM-2.0 earlier than r17, please update your copy of the lib in the addon. This will avoid problems with loading future versions of LAM.**
LibAddonMenu-2.0 is a library to aid addon authors in creating a configuration GUI for their addons which is located in the game's Settings menu. It supports the ability to have all of a user's addon options located in the same panel.
--Including the library with your addon--
You may either embed the library and LibStub in your addon and load the files from your addon manifest, or have the library installed like any other normal addon.
If your addon embeds the library, you may place this line in your manifest file, just in case the user also has a standalone version installed.
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0
If you are depending on the library being installed separately and are not embedding it, then you must include this line in your text file.
## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0
Either way you choose, LibStub will ensure that only one copy of the library (the newest revision) is loaded into memory.
When embedding the libary, remove the internal LibAddonMenu-2.0 folder from the main library download. I usually place my libraries in a sub-folder called "libs", but you may put them wherever you like in your addon directory. This is how I would then list the files in my manifest. (LAM2's widget controls are broken out into their own files to keep their code clean - this is why there is so many. Good thing you only have to copy-paste this once!)
- major overhaul of the addon menu style (thanks votan & merlight)
- NOTE: the menu is now a bit wider than before, if you created custom elements you might need to update them accordingly
- added search box to addon list (thanks votan & merlight)
- new icon picker widget
- removed micro freeze when opening a menu with many options for the first time
- changed tooltip property to accept functions that return a string (thanks Ayantir)
- changed the label on the defaults button and menu to avoid a grammar mistake in the french localization (thanks Ayantir)
- updated LibStub to r3 (support for '.' in minor version string, e.g. "17.5")
- updated for changes in 100011
- fixed OpenToPanel function
- fixed possible error with combobox names
- half width control no longer have a fixed height and instead scale automatically now
- changed controls to no longer use top level windows
- fixed problems with the loading order and added warning if an old version gets initialized first
A big thank you to everyone who helped making these changes, especially votan, merlight and Garkin!
- updated for changes in 100010
- thanks to Garkin for alerting me of changes needed and for testing on the test server
- Spanish support added, translation provided by Luisen75 for their Spanish project
- fixed bug where the LAM-RefreshPanel callback was being registered with CALLBACK_MANAGER multiple times
- fixed highlighting of entries in the game Settings menu (Addon Settings now properly highlights and other entries go back to normal)
- one last bug ran out from anunder the dresser - I smashed it hopefully!
- fix one bug another shows up...
- don't overwrite widgets list if table already exists (in case an external lib or addon registers a new widget type)
- headers, descriptions, submenus and custom widgets now have the ability to update their text when the panel and other controls refresh (simply change the name/text in the controlData table)
- custom controls now have the ability to refresh with other controls and your panel - there is a new optional field in the data table called refreshFunc (when the panel refreshes, this function will be called)
- fixed display of warning icon for dropdown controls
- update LibStub.lua
- added Russian locale support for RuESO project
- fixed anchoring issue with addon list (addon names are now properly in the scroll frame, so the few of you with tons installed should have no issue any longer)
- added ability to close submenus from the bottom of the submenu (there is a small strip along the bottom of the submenu that is clickable)
- edited each control to better support custom-created UIs via LAM and the parent passed through to the create functions
- changed border texture around panel and addon list
- expanded maximum size of submenus from 1500 to 2500
- shortened game menu entry for French and German localizations (so the text doesn't get cut off)
- fixed checkbox label coloring bug (when a checkbox that is set to "off" is re-enabled by another setting)
- fixed multi-line editbox bug (where text didn't display)
- added mousewheel scrolling for multi-line editboxes
- added "LAM-PanelControlsCreated" callback when you panel has been shown for the first time and your controls have now been created
- fixed duplicate Addon Settings panels when you have a newer version of LAM overwriting an older version
- finished localizing stuff that wasn't localized yet
- added "sort" field to dropdown control
- fix RefreshPanel function so that all controls now update
- add RefreshPanel call to ForceDefaults function
- fix for me being an idiot. Sorry guys ><
- fixed checkboxes making a sound when just refreshing
- fixed error when the lib is loaded standalone, but no addons are registered with it
- fixed error when LAM updates itself to a newer version (won't try to create two of the same frame)
- LAM-2.0 is now released! See http://www.esoui.com/portal.php?&id=5&pageid=10 for a list of differences between LAM1 and LAM2, as well as a guide for usage and the library's docs
- updated APIVersion to 100004
- changed submenu so scroll bar doesn't overlap contents
- submenu should hopefully no longer occasionally show up behind the options panel
- the defaults button now properly hides for each panel (Note: the keybind still works, I can't seem to get rid of that, but at least the prompt is hidden now)
- LAM now supports sub menus! See the description page for docs on usage
- copy/paste fail when changing the name of an arg. Description titles will no longer hide from you.
- exposed the widgets created via return
-new widget: Description
-fixed error with color picker in new patch
-fixed bug when more than one addon panel is created