03/04/15, 03:34 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Waypoint Bug

I posted this last week when I found it on the PTS: Waypoint Bug

I thought I would post it again and give it its own thread this time since its now on the live servers:
Waypoints, on the normal zone maps, removed with RemovePlayerWaypoint() get recreated when zooming back into your zone on the map.
By "normal" zone maps I mean that I could not reproduce it while in a subzone that has its own map, like a town.

With no addons installed I was able to reproduce this on several zone maps.

Steps to recreate:
  1. Open the map & set a waypoint in the zone.
  2. Close the map
  3. Run: /script RemovePlayerWaypoint()
  4. Open the map
  5. Right click to zoom out to the Tamriel map.
  6. Left click on your zone to zoom back in to your zone.
  7. The waypoint gets recreated.

If it helps track it down I also noticed that the bug does not occur if:
  • You remove the waypoint by hoovering your mouse over it on the map & using the hotkey to remove the waypoint.
  • You /reloadUI after you set the waypoint and before you open the map to zoom out to Tamriel & back in to your zone.
  • I could not reproduce it in subzones that have their own maps like towns.
03/05/15, 10:24 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I looked into this bug this morning. The reason you're seeing the waypoint repopulate is that the lua world map is authoritative on where the custom waypoint is (the client side storage is torn down on zone change). Unfortunately the data you would need to clear out (g_customWaypointLocationData) is local to world map. I'll add a global function called ZO_WorldMap_RemovePlayerWaypoint to allow you to clear it out properly.
03/05/15, 12:04 PM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I looked into this bug this morning. The reason you're seeing the waypoint repopulate is that the lua world map is authoritative on where the custom waypoint is (the client side storage is torn down on zone change). Unfortunately the data you would need to clear out (g_customWaypointLocationData) is local to world map. I'll add a global function called ZO_WorldMap_RemovePlayerWaypoint to allow you to clear it out properly.
Thank you Chip, I have an entire addon that is designed to do nothing but track locations and set waypoints. I'm not sure what I'de do without a way to clear them!

But if RemovePlayerWaypoint() does not really "remove" the waypoint anymore, then what is it supposed to do now? I'm just wondering if its still something I am going to need for my addon.
03/05/15, 12:10 PM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
It removes it from the client but not from lua. The function I added will remove it from both.
03/05/15, 07:29 PM   #5
circonian
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It removes it from the client but not from lua. The function I added will remove it from both.
Ah ok, thanks again chip !
03/31/15, 05:05 PM   #6
circonian
I know these things take time, but any idea on when this might get added?
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_WorldMap_RemovePlayerWaypoint

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Waypoint Bug