12/12/14, 01:06 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Function PlayOnEquippedAnimation is executed sometimes without reason?

Hey,

I've hooked the function "PlayOnEquippedAnimation" to see when an item gets equipped to the character.
It is working well.
But sometimes as I stand around doing nothing this function will be executed all of sudden.
This makes no sense because no item was de-/equipped?!

Did anyone experience the same and got a fix for this? Or is it just normal and wished?

Thanks
12/12/14, 01:19 PM   #2
Garkin

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hey,

I've hooked the function "PlayOnEquippedAnimation" to see when an item gets equipped to the character.
It is working well.
But sometimes as I stand around doing nothing this function will be executed all of sudden.

Did anyone experience the same and got a fix for this? Or is it just normal and wished?

Thanks
It works for me the same way. I'm just standing with open inventory and animation is triggered seemingly for no reason. In my opinion it is a bug and no, I do not have fix for that.
12/12/14, 01:41 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks for the answer.
It seems as if in 90% of this events only the main and offhand are checked.
Maybe it is some kind of detection event for the "weapon switch" button.

btw: My function for this event is now checking if the character window is shown and will react on it only then:
if not ZO_Character:IsHidden() then
-- do your code here
end
This works for me as I only need to do something if you can see the equipped items too.

You could hook the right-click/context menu and mouse double click events too to check if someone has manually changed the equipment by wish, put a variable in your addon and set it to true in this case. Then check if this variable is true in the event function for "PlayOnEquippedAnimation".

Last edited by Baertram : 12/12/14 at 01:47 PM.
12/16/14, 05:32 AM   #4
votan

If your inventory is open, the UI starts randomly playing glow effect for the equipped items. Is it that?
12/16/14, 09:08 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not always. I noticed that too but it sometimes just palys the animations for all your equipped items randomly one after another if you are standing around (even with the inventory closed).
12/16/14, 08:40 PM   #6
circonian
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hey,

It is working well.

You could use EquipItem.

Lua Code:
  1. local function itemEquipped(bagId, slotId)
  2.         -- do whatever --
  3.     end
  5.     ZO_PreHook("EquipItem", function(bagId, slotId) itemEquipped(bagId, slotId) end)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Function PlayOnEquippedAnimation is executed sometimes without reason?