05/13/15, 10:49 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] Set & Remove Waypoints

In version 1.6 waypoint data was made local and there is no "proper" way to set or remove a waypoint.
Lua Code:
  1. RemovePlayerWaypoint()
only removes the client side visual effect of the waypoint and in certain instances the game will recreate & display the unwanted waypoint.
I posted about this http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4366 when 1.6 was on PTS and Chip said he would add a global function for it.

I don't know if it slipped through the cracks and was forgotten or what, but I would love to see some API to allow us to "properly" set and remove waypoints.

07/30/15, 05:00 PM   #2
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bump, with the 1.6 release you guys changed some waypoint code & added g_customWaypointLocationData, which is local
Chip mentioned he would do this, but I don't know if he changed his mind or if its been forgotten, but I'm bumping it again hoping for a response.

There is currently no real way to set or remove player waypoints and g_customWaypointLocationData is local which causes a lot of workarounds & constant problems. Any chance on getting the following:
  • A function to set a waypoint which would include setting the g_customWaypointLocationData
  • A function to remove a waypoint include removing the g_customWaypointLocationData
This returns coordinates relative to the loaded map:
Lua Code:
  1. GetMapPlayerWaypoint()

This contains the mapIndex & x/y coordinates for that map. Having access to this would be extremely helpful:
Lua Code:
  1. local function GetPinLocationData(pinLocationData)

EDIT: My bad I didn't notice, I see they did add this one a few days ago to the test server: ZO_WorldMap_RemovePlayerWaypoint()
Thanks!

Last edited by circonian : 07/31/15 at 01:28 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] Set & Remove Waypoints