11/27/14, 09:24 AM   #1
geron
Is there a way to swap weapons?

Hey everyone

I was wondering if there was a funcion to swap weapons.

Actually I think there has to be one, but I don't know the name and also don't know if it can be called from an AddOn...

Does anyone know this?
11/27/14, 09:30 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a function which swaps weapons (actually 3 of them), but it is private a can't be used by addons.
Lua Code:
  1. OnSpecialMoveKeyPressed(SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_WEAPON_SWAP)
  2. OnSpecialMoveKeyDown(SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_WEAPON_SWAP)
  3. OnSpecialMoveKeyUp(SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_WEAPON_SWAP)
11/27/14, 09:42 AM   #3
geron
What a pity...

Thanks a lot for the fast reply
12/13/14, 11:14 PM   #4
Garkin

Actually I found a way...

If you run game uning the ESO Launcher, you can use secure and private functions in addons. Lets make some cheats...

I have tested that weapon swap works:
/script OnSpecialMoveKeyPressed(SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_WEAPON_SWAP)

From the ESOLauncher settings file:
Code:
[General]
# This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
# private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
# If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
#
# This is a GameModi Plus only feature
# default: false
EnableProtectedLuaFunctions=true

Last edited by Garkin : 12/13/14 at 11:16 PM.
12/14/14, 02:36 AM   #5
igerup

You do know that WykkudsOtfitter allows weapon swap (among other things) before the game unlocks the feature at level 15? Sure, the chat messages may occasionally get you kicked from the game for "excessive spamming" but it's worth it.
12/14/14, 12:44 PM   #6
circonian
Originally Posted by igerup View Post
You do know that WykkudsOtfitter allows weapon swap (among other things) before the game unlocks the feature at level 15? Sure, the chat messages may occasionally get you kicked from the game for "excessive spamming" but it's worth it.
Thats probably changing weapons. They are talking about the games built in weapon swap (not the same). When you swap weapons it also changes the ability/skill bar so you can have different action abilities for each set of weapons. You can easily "change" from the main weapon set to the backup weapon set by doing something like:
Lua Code:
  1. EquipItem(0, EQUIP_SLOT_BACKUP_MAIN, EQUIP_SLOT_MAIN_HAND)
  2. EquipItem(0, EQUIP_SLOT_BACKUP_OFF, EQUIP_SLOT_OFF_HAND)

But it only changes what slots the items are equipped in, it does not swap the the ability bars for the main/backup weapon set.
12/14/14, 11:57 PM   #7
igerup

WykkydsOutfitter changes skill sets too. Combined with his macro add-on weapon, skill, armour and jewllery swapping (and emote activation too, for whatever reason ) can be done with one button click.
12/15/14, 06:29 AM   #8
Garkin

WykkydsOutfitter changes skill sets too. Combined with his macro add-on weapon, skill, armour and jewllery swapping (and emote activation too, for whatever reason ) can be done with one button click.
I believe that original question was if there is a way to swap between primary and backup weapon sets in the addon code. Wykkyd's Outfitter allows you to change equipped items using the keybinding, it's something completely different.
12/17/14, 06:43 AM   #9
facemace
Well, then, is there a way to at least tell whether you have set one or two equipped?

I have identical looking weapons and it's hard to focus on my skill bar during a battle so I was wondering if it would be possible to add an overlay.
12/17/14, 07:05 AM   #10
Garkin

Originally Posted by facemace View Post
Well, then, is there a way to at least tell whether you have set one or two equipped?

I have identical looking weapons and it's hard to focus on my skill bar during a battle so I was wondering if it would be possible to add an overlay.
Default UI it has written on weapon swap button:

If you want to check it from the addon code you will need this function:
Lua Code:
  1. local activeWeaponSet = GetActiveWeaponPairInfo()

Information is easy accessible, where you will display it is up to you.
12/17/14, 06:54 PM   #11
circonian
Yes that can be done with code as well, but changing skills wont work while your in combat (cant change skills while in combat).

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Is there a way to swap weapons?