03/10/14, 03:03 PM   #1
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Vanilla Lua files

So the most recent post I have seen on the forums says that "we do not yet have permission to upload the vanilla UI code" (or some such wording). Is there any update on this? Any possibility of actually getting permission?

I remember reading somewhere that the code is in the game0000.dat file, but unfortunately my digging in how to extract a dat file were pretty fruitless considering the nature of dat files. Would a discussion about how to dig into this file even be allowed given the non-permission of being able to post the vanilla code? LOOPHOLES?!

I wish the vanilla code was released along with the API. It would go a long way in allowing development for those of us without "cool kids' beta" access.
03/10/14, 08:17 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Still waiting and hoping. Trust me, if and when we get permission they'll be posted very fast!
03/11/14, 08:36 AM   #3
Myrroddin
By "very fast", do you mean in CIA/MI6/CSIS/Mossad-speak you secretly have the files, aren't telling us, but you are ready to post them within seconds if you get permission?
03/13/14, 02:18 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
If we tell you, we may have to kill you.
03/14/14, 04:00 AM   #5
Vuelhering
Originally Posted by ingeniousclown View Post
So the most recent post I have seen on the forums says that "we do not yet have permission to upload the vanilla UI code" (or some such wording). Is there any update on this? Any possibility of actually getting permission?
Old versions have been datamined out of game0000.dat, but if you're not actively programming addons it's not much use. Source is useful for debugging, but I'm still waiting another 12 hours to get access to the beta to do some testing.

There's not much reason not to allow posting of the sources, but obviously until they get ZO's blessing, esoui can't post it. I'm confident they will asap, and I suspect that'll be sometime around launch.
03/14/14, 10:38 AM   #6
ingeniousclown
Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
Old versions have been datamined out of game0000.dat, but if you're not actively programming addons it's not much use. Source is useful for debugging, but I'm still waiting another 12 hours to get access to the beta to do some testing.

There's not much reason not to allow posting of the sources, but obviously until they get ZO's blessing, esoui can't post it. I'm confident they will asap, and I suspect that'll be sometime around launch.
Yeah, I've managed to get access. It wasn't easy, but it's definitely helped. ...or I at least think it has helped. We'll see once I get to test my prototype.
04/03/14, 08:08 AM   #7
Stormknight

Any update on this?

It would be REALLY useful to see how they've written the UI to make sure add-ons I'm planning will work properly.
04/03/14, 02:02 PM   #8
WoWLoreConfusedMe
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
Any update on this?

It would be REALLY useful to see how they've written the UI to make sure add-ons I'm planning will work properly.
Agree. I want to mod UI but I do not have enough knowledge for reverse eng.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Vanilla Lua files