03/15/14, 06:45 PM   #1
s1ckn3ss
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Anchors

Is there a list of anchors somewhere? I saw an anchor like ZO_Skills there must be more. Can I extract this anchor points somehow?
03/15/14, 09:44 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
frame:SetAnchor(pointOnFrame, relativeToThisOtherFrameOrObject, pointOnThatFrame, offsetXLeftToRight, offsetYTopToBottom)

That second arg can be whatever frame/object/control you need it to be for anchoring. If you want to anchor your addon's frame to the top left of the screen in general, use GuiRoot.

frame:SetAnchor(TOPLEFT, GuiRoot, TOPLEFT, 5, 5)
03/15/14, 11:49 PM   #3
Lodur
Using the zgoo addon and looking at the 'zz UI' section... That is all the extant UI controls you can anchor off of... as far as I know.
03/16/14, 12:01 AM   #4
Errc
Originally Posted by Lodur View Post
Using the zgoo addon and looking at the 'zz UI' section... That is all the extant UI controls you can anchor off of... as far as I know.
If there is something on your screen you want to anchor on, it is likely easier to '/zgoo mouse' and use :GetParent() and :GetChildren from whatever is picked up to find exactly what you need.
03/16/14, 12:19 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Lodur View Post
You can anchor your frame to whatever you want. (So long as it's not circular. - your control anchored to another control which is anchored to your control.....) It doesn't have to be in any sort of list.
03/16/14, 12:44 PM   #6
Halja

If you are just shifting your main frame/window, I would recommend the overloaded API command. It is SetSimpleAnchor. Then you only have to worry about the parent window and the screen coordinates.

SetSimpleAnchor protected-attributes (object anchorTargetControl, number offsetX, number offsetY)

i.e. frame:SetSimpleAnchor(GuiRoot, 5, 5)

--halja
03/16/14, 01:16 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Unless the devs have plans for that function in the future, I wouldn't bet 100% on it staying around for forever. The default UI does not use that function at all, and only uses SetSimpleAnchorParent once.
03/18/14, 04:39 PM   #8
inDef
Has the default UI been posted anywhere yet?

I'd like to know what all the ZO_ functions as well as other default functions do.
03/18/14, 05:04 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
As has been said before, you guys will most certainly know if and when we get permission to post the UI source code.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Anchors