04/08/24, 08:21 PM   #1
TagCdog
No epic or legendary mats after refining 10k stacks of wood, ore, and cloth.

Hi All,

I think this is an ESO bug more than an addon one but wanted to check here just in case.

I am on PC-NA and refined (with meticulous disassembly slotted) 10k stacks of Rough Ruby Ash, Rubedite Ore, and Raw Ancestor Silk and got zero epic or legendary mats out of it. I submitted a /bug report and posted on the ESO forums but am wondering if the same has happened to anyone else?

I am not sure which addons post the refinement data to the UI, but none showed epic or legendary mats each time I refined a 10k stack (they normally do).

I didn't think to take before and after screenshots at the time, but I did finally check the craft bag values the third time I refined a 10k stack (for Raw Ancestor Silk) and did not see the number of Elegant Lining or Dreugh Wax increase.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening to them and if it is only an addon thing or an actual ESO bug?
04/08/24, 09:58 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no way to know if that is a bug. I understand you want a reason, but addons can not control that or break that or people would use that for nefarious and dubious acts. So you can eliminate the possibility of a mod. However, nobody is going to have that kind of information not even the developer that normally talks to us about the UI and guild history, for example.

The customer service ticket and the post on the official forums is best.
04/09/24, 06:40 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
About that text shown in your chat:
Without us telling wich addons you got active as you saw that tetx we cnanot answer that, unless somene knows that exact chat text (because it got a very uncommon formatting and only 1 addon does it that way?) by coincidence.

About golden mats received:
AsSharlikran said thats totally random and if you made sure your mats did not increase in your craftbag/mats tab, you do not seem to have gained any golde mats then by refining them. Maybe a bug, maybe no bug (just bad luck). You'll have to write a /bug report and ask ZOs directly about that.

I'm not aware of any addon suppressing golden mats (they even can't :-) as this is server controlled). Addons culd maybe strip golden mats from your chat output, yes. But as you said already you alsodid not receive anything in your inventory, so this is nothing that addons could suppress (unless there is a way -> which I'd call a "bug" then).

Last edited by Baertram : 04/09/24 at 06:43 AM.
04/10/24, 12:05 PM   #4
TagCdog
Update:
It was my fault (although I blame the armory assistant ). All of the extraction skills for the various crafts did not have skill points assigned to them on the character I was on due to switching back and forth between builds.
04/15/24, 02:32 PM   #5
TagCdog
I guess one last question suitable for this thread:

Is there an addon that prevents me from doing stupid things like refining when I don't have the respective skill points assigned?
04/15/24, 02:43 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, not yet (at laest I do not know any).
Mabe I can add that to my "FCO ChangeStuff" addon one day.
It already protects you from improving items above a chosen quality (can be skipped by holding SHIFT key)
04/17/24, 09:53 PM   #7
Dolgubon

As far as I know there is not one to prevent it, and it's the CP not the skill, but there is https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...cCPRespec.html which can automatically slot the CP passive for refining materials.
04/18/24, 12:25 PM   #8
notnear

Originally Posted by TagCdog View Post
Is there an addon that prevents me from doing stupid things like refining when I don't have the respective skill points assigned?
Can't exactly prevent you from refining but Personal Assistant can auto refine/decon for you but skip if you don't have the passives/cp
04/20/24, 10:50 PM   #9
TagCdog
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the Personal Assistant recommendation. I already use it but didn't have that part set up.

@Dolgubon, just to confirm, I did have Meticulous Disassembly slotted, but no skill points in the passives (Metal Extraction, Unraveling, and Wood Extraction) due to a recent armory assistant build swap.

@Baertram, if preventing refining is possible when someone doesn't have skill points in the passives it might help them prevent an expensive disaster like what happened to me. I already use FCO ChangeStuff and wouldn't mind the addition

For now, it sounds like PA solves the issue and automates one more thing in my routine!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » No epic or legendary mats after refining 10k stacks of wood, ore, and cloth.