07/17/23, 02:05 PM   #1
Vossler
Harvest Map not working

I normally never post but i've walked through about every single old post there was for troubleshooting to try to fix this, after about 20 attempts idk what else to do.

I have tried:
• proper install, C > user > name > docs > ESO > live > addons
• reinstalling (manually and via minion, more attempts manually)
• making sure all other add-ons do not have repeating files like lib addon or lib main etc
• restarting PC, restarting ESO, with fresh downloaded files
• reinstalling all the dependencies

I get the following error codes while trying to open menus and use harvest map...

B777EC03
=======
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:68: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:68: in function 'Harvest.AreMapPinsVisible'
:2: in function '(main chunk)'
=======

100FC76A
=======
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:182: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:182: in function 'Harvest.AreWorldPinsVisible'
=======

5EEE2482
=======
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/FilterMenu.lua:204: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/FilterMenu.lua:204: in function 'FilterProfiles:GetMapProfile'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/FilterMenu.lua:99: in function 'FilterProfiles:Show'
:1: in function '(main chunk)'
=======

B776EBC5
=======
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:59: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/GetterSetter.lua:59: in function 'Harvest.AreMinimapPinsVisible'
=======

Idk if this has anything to do with it but the only other error code I get while playing is this(this is when i first login):

25CD561D
=======
user:/AddOns/LibDebugLogger/Initialization.lua:46: table index is nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/LibDebugLogger/Initialization.lua:46: in function '(main chunk)'
=======

and also a very strange notification telling me that "There is an update for the add-on Harvest Map (version 3.15.13)... but that is the one that I'm literally using so I'm really confused. I tried reinstalling the most recent version and checked like 20 times to make sure there's no other links I'm missing other than the primary one.

I should make it clear I had this working a second before necrom was released.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can offer help/insight.

- Vossler

Last edited by Vossler : 07/17/23 at 02:18 PM.
07/17/23, 02:58 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Vossler,

first check please via the screenshot trick which folder "ESO thinks" your addons should be in:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
-> How do I locate the live/AddOns folder?

Sometimes Windows all of sudden expects addons to be somewhere else...

After that check the folder shown at the screenshot, go 1 level up to /AddOns and see if the addon folders and files are all there and at the proper version.
MAybe manually download and extract the dependencies, and delete WHOLE folders of the addons and dependencies before extracting the new ones! Make all empty I mean so you can see what get's extracted afterwards.
During extraction make sure you do only keep the live/AddOns/<addonFolderHere>/ and files in it, and not something like live/AddOns/<zip filename>/<addonFolderHere>!!!

Do you use OneDrive? Disable it then or at least the sync of your c:\users\...\documents folders in OneDrive settings as this might block access to the users\...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online files.
Same for Antivirus tools: Allow the live folder and the eso64.exe access (whitelist, add exclusion) for them so they can read and write all files properly.

If you get "user:/AddOns/LibDebugLogger/Initialization.lua:46: table index is nil" after login this may also break other dependent addons, like HarvestMap, yes!
Libraries are code reused in several addons and if the library fails to work the addons fail to work and throw errors too.

Logout, delete the file live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua
Delete the folder: live/AddOns/LibDebugLogger
Reinstall the newest version of LibDebugLogger then and see if tis fixes all errors.
Or at leas the LibDebugLogger error is gone then?

If HarvestMap is sill broken but LDL was okay, logout:
Rename the file live/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua and check if this fresh files fixes the errors then.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/17/23 at 03:00 PM.
07/17/23, 05:44 PM   #3
Vossler
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post

Sometimes Windows all of sudden expects addons to be somewhere else...

After that check the folder shown at the screenshot, go 1 level up to /AddOns and see if the addon folders and files are all there and at the proper version.
This actually helped a lot, that led me to the fix. thanks a lot. Idk why it was expecting them to be in a different folder but w/e lol. You have a nice day. Thanks.

- Vossler

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harvest Map not working