07/23/15, 01:12 AM   #1
kerb9729
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
wrapMode="ELLIPSIS"

My addon looks perfectly fine on my monitor (1920 x 1080)

But a user sent a screenshot at what appears to be 1680 x 1050 and scroll list items are all jumbled up. The lines do not appear to be truncating, though I have wrapMode="ELLIPSIS". (In my testing, both ellipsis and truncate seem to truncate.)

My guess is that I need to adjust the dimensions. But how does one determine what to set them to so that things look good at any resolution?

If I set my resolution to 1680 x 1050, I don't see the same thing?

This is the screenshot that was posted:

Last edited by kerb9729 : 07/23/15 at 01:27 AM.
07/23/15, 01:24 AM   #2
Fyrakin

Screenshot shows exactly what you should expect from whap mode, if you remove that option you would see ... at the end of truncated text lines instead of wrapping them. I would suggest rescaling of fonts at lower resolutions, but that could lead to unreadable contents. So it all has to be properly tested.
07/23/15, 03:49 AM   #3
merlight
It appears that your labels are higher than list row spacing, judging from that Conan... guy who got propertly truncated on the second line. Try

Lua Code:
  1. label:SetHeight(label:GetFontHeight())
07/23/15, 08:51 AM   #4
circonian
Like merlight said, whatever rowHeight you set for your row controls:
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType(scrollList, ROW_TYPE_ID, template, rowHeight, setupCallback, hideCallback, dataTypeSelectSound, resetControlCallback)

If the control height is actually larger than that rowHeight you set they will overlap. You may not have noticed it due to the resolution or even just the names that showed up in your list (depending on how long they are) if the control was wide enough it would not need to wrap down to the next line. If the control was not wide enough then it would wrap to the next line and you would see the overlap.
07/23/15, 07:32 PM   #5
kerb9729
I found that I had transposed some y and rowheight numbers, both in the xml and in the addDataType function.

But hey, at least they were consistently wrong =P

I think that probably was the problem, though I can't duplicate it myself even if I change the resolution.
07/24/15, 11:22 AM   #6
Lodur
Anyone happen to know of a library, function or tool that will outline all controls recursively from the control selected? Would be great for visualizing the actual layout of our controls.
07/25/15, 02:57 PM   #7
circonian
Originally Posted by Lodur View Post
Anyone happen to know of a library, function or tool that will outline all controls recursively from the control selected? Would be great for visualizing the actual layout of our controls.
I'm not sure what information you want "outlined", you may be wanting something simpler than this, but you can use zgoo to view information about the control & its children.
07/25/15, 03:29 PM   #8
Wandamey
i suppose he means drawing a rectangle around the controls... thats a good idea.
07/25/15, 04:22 PM   #9
Ayantir

XML and UI don't work as CSS
But it could be tried. changing background is the simpliest solution i guess.
07/25/15, 04:48 PM   #10
Wandamey
we can get the anchors and the dimensions of the controls, if they have some.
pick a backdrop from a control pool, give it an edge and a transparent dds in the center and place them at the same place than the control to show.

(pfiu, now i need a 3 monthes nap for overheating) good luck guys.
07/25/15, 05:31 PM   #11
merlight
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
we can get the anchors and the dimensions of the controls, if they have some.
pick a backdrop from a control pool, give it an edge and a transparent dds in the center and place them at the same place than the control to show.
Yea I wanted something like that a couple times, but so far always went with just adding a background to the control I was interested in and commeting it out afterwards
07/25/15, 06:46 PM   #12
Wandamey
maybe while holding a key (or toggle it should be easier), show the "box" of any mouseovered controls with a texture for a start. (idk how zgoo do its "zgoo mouse", but with this method)
and maybe show the name too so you know what you are looking at... leave anything else to zgoo.

and for the parents idk, just show the edges or everything would be colored in the end.
07/25/15, 07:52 PM   #13
merlight
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
maybe while holding a key (or toggle it should be easier), show the "box" of any mouseovered controls with a texture for a start. (idk how zgoo do its "zgoo mouse", but with this method)
It uses api function moc() (for MouseOverControl)
07/25/15, 09:26 PM   #14
circonian
Originally Posted by Lodur View Post
Here: Control Outlines
It has its limitations & problems...I didn't put to much work into it, but it does what you asked.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » wrapMode="ELLIPSIS"