03/24/15, 06:27 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdate] Fix typo for requiredVeteranRank in ShardInventory (and others maybe)

Inside the shard inventory you can find a table entry "requiredVeterankRank" which will be added to each slot inside your inventories with data.requiredVeterankRank.

I think you have used search&replace here and replaced veteran with veterank some time ago :-)

Maybe it is even the correct typing and the k does mean something but as I tried to use this variable with the standard name, taht your brain suggest yourself,requiredVeteranRank it threw me NIL errors and I was wondring why, until I saw this "k" in there after some time...

03/24/15, 06:55 PM   #2
circonian
Strange, but just in case you hadn't tried it, these look like they still work:
Lua Code:
  1. GetItemRequiredVeteranRank(bagId, slotIndex)
  2. GetItemLinkRequiredVeteranRank(itemLink)

03/24/15, 07:10 PM   #3
Garkin

Baertram is referring to typo in EsoUI\Ingame\Inventory\SharedInventory.lua, line 385:

Lua Code:
  1. slot.requiredVeterankRank = GetItemRequiredVeteranRank(bagId, slotIndex)

03/24/15, 07:20 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Exactly. Both is working fine.
The functions to get the rank is working normal, and, if you want to directly read them from the slot's dataEntry, you can do this too.
But you'll need to use veterankRank (the "k" is too much here)

03/24/15, 07:35 PM   #5
circonian
Yeah, the type-o is in a bunch of files. I knew what you meant about accessing it directly from the dataEntry.data table.

I was just saying that the functions still work correctly IF you needed/wanted another way to grab the information and had not thought about trying them. Also then if you used the functions & they fix that type-o later you would not have to go back and change all of your code that directly accesses it back to "requiredVeteranRank" whenever (if) they fix it. The functions "should" still work.

03/25/15, 05:26 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Got it, thanks for mentioning.
This is actually the way I'm doing it right now (using the GetItemRequiredVeteranRank() function) to assure backwards compatibility if they change it in the future.
I've just created this thread because didn't want to re-use this function if I already have the wished information in the data node. Maybe it could help to gain 1ms of speed for each item processed ^^

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdate] Fix typo for requiredVeteranRank in ShardInventory (and others maybe)