04/05/16, 12:13 PM   #1
Keron
Question [Request] Continuation of the mod "Combat Reticle"

Hey programmers,

This request concerns the addon Combat Reticle.

Since the TG patch, I am unable to get it to work on my machine. It does not show any error message, the game will simply not load any character. Alas, I am only a dumb user, I have no clue at all about what to do to fix it. But then, I really like this addon, and thusly would like to ask whether someone could check it and offer advice on how to fix it.

Alternatively, someone could pick it up and manage it, if there is enough interest in it. I have had a brief exchange with the original author, who is sadly not playing ESO anymore, and he asked me to post this in the forums to possibly generate some interest.

Cheers and thanks,

Keron

Last edited by Keron : 04/05/16 at 04:38 PM.
04/06/16, 10:21 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey Keron,

please describe in detail what is not working, and how did the Addon look like in the past as it worked.
Maybe you got an example screenshot from the current ingame behaviour?

I'm not at home but will see if I can help when I get back on Friday then.
04/07/16, 12:33 AM   #3
Keron
Thanks for the reply, mate, but can't do. As written, as long as I have Combat Reticle activated, I do not get past character screen. After waiting for 15 minutes, on two different computers and 8 different chars, nothing but indefinite loading screen.

As soon as I deactivate it, my game loads fine.
04/07/16, 02:56 AM   #4
uladz
I'm using Combat Reticle all the time no issue here. Normally addons can not cause any game crashes or hangs as they are running in an isolated environment. Worst case scenario - you'll get LUA crash report with stack trace that you can post to the addon author for investigation or fix the code yourself . I strongly think that something else is causing the issue.
04/07/16, 03:49 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

@uladz addons can and do cause crashes. A lot.

@Keron it may have to do with the settings you chose for Combat Reticle. Try to delete, rename or move the CombatReticle.lua in your SavedVariables folder and see if it changes anything.
04/11/16, 05:27 PM   #6
Keron
Sorry for not checking back so long and thanks for your replies all. Will check whether that works, sirinsidiator.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Continuation of the mod "Combat Reticle"