11/15/23, 05:21 PM   #1
iccohen
InGame/Contacts/Keyboard error

Extracted this from LibDebugLogger. I'm not really seeing any issues when playing, but they are errors, not warnings, so I want to make sure it's still OK. Also not sure if I need to provide a list of the AddOns or if the error code is enough.

9x LibStub Don't call me.
3x UI Error/EsoUI/Ingame/Contacts/Keyboard/Notifications_Keyboard.lua:691: attempt to index a nil value
1x UI Error/EsoUI/Ingame/Contacts/Keyboard/Notifications_Keyboard.lua:706: attempt to index a nil value

I've been told not to worry about LibStub as it is just a warning and Logrub's LazyWrit requires it.

Cheers,

-iccohen
11/16/23, 03:45 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there,

these lines alone cannot help here unfortunately.
The only thing I can imagine being a problem here is
-> LibNotifications (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ions.html#info)
Make sure you updated this one and no addon loads an old version "hardcoded" from a subfolder "libs" or similar.
-> Read here how to solve such hardcoded library calls:
(It also describes the LibStub issues but you are right: Some addons like Dolgubons still need it for whatever reason, unfortunately... )
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

What you could do at best with LibDebugLogger:
Enable for the moment in the settings menu of DebugLogViewer the "stack traceback" option.
-> You can disable this again after you have done the below, so it will not affect the SavedVariables file size again.

As the errors occured, do a /reloadui ingame so the data is written to the disk live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua file
Then all loaded addons etc. are protocolled too.
Note down time and date the errors happened.
After that go to the Online Debug Log Viewer website and upload the file from the SavedVariables:
https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/

And then use the top right corner's "Upload" button to create a link to the file and share it with us here.

That way we will see all loaded addons, the stack tarceback where it was called and how, etc.
And would maybe able to help you here better, especially see where the error comes from (as the error itsself seems to happen in ES= vanilla game code, but I guess some addon "hooked" into there and causes the error then)

Last edited by Baertram : 11/16/23 at 03:49 AM.
11/16/23, 12:27 PM   #3
iccohen
I folowed your steps, but I goofed in that I forgot to do the ingame rebootui after the errors were listed.

The errors occurred after I received notice that I received a new item to the Collections. When I hovered over the check mark OR the X in the Collections pop-up menu I heard a "knocking" sound and the errors started listing. They went away once I clicked the X.

Useless link - https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/anBqQI

But I did grab a screenshot showing where the error did occur, seen below. Hopefully that will give you the info that you need.
11/16/23, 12:32 PM   #4
iccohen
Screenshot

Thought I forgot screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231116_132243.png
Views:	164
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1644  
11/16/23, 12:34 PM   #5
iccohen
Also updated LibNotification per your suggestion.
11/16/23, 02:10 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Actually the link worked, I could see the error messages there and it shows that LibNotification was not loaded as the error happened!
So it's caused by something else.

You can try to disable all addons and see if the error occurs without them too.
And if not then your enabled addons (you can see them here:

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/anBqQI
Click on (1), then (2) and then see at (3)

)

were the cause. Disable them 1 after another to see when the error is gone.
11/16/23, 02:56 PM   #7
iccohen
Awesome, thanks for your help. I will post the results when I figure out the culprit.
11/16/23, 05:36 PM   #8
Navarill
The logfile linked shows that LibNotification is not the current version and is not in the correct folder:

"Addon loaded: LibNotification, AddOnVersion: 10, directory: 'user:/AddOns/LibNotification_r10/LibNotification/'"

If you have a folder "LibNotificaiton_r10" under \Addons, you should manually delete it. Then re-install LibNotification version 11.

Last edited by Navarill : 11/16/23 at 05:40 PM.
11/16/23, 06:00 PM   #9
iccohen
Done! Now, we (or just me ) wait and see if it still happens next time a Collections piece is added.
11/16/23, 06:51 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Navarill View Post
The logfile linked shows that LibNotification is not the current version and is not in the correct folder:

"Addon loaded: LibNotification, AddOnVersion: 10, directory: 'user:/AddOns/LibNotification_r10/LibNotification/'"

If you have a folder "LibNotificaiton_r10" under \Addons, you should manually delete it. Then re-install LibNotification version 11.
Weird, it did not show me this library was loaded in the last reloadui. Maybe it was active before that then.

Hint: If the folder contains a LibNotifications.txt in live/AddOns/LibNotification_r10/LibNotification/LibNotifications.txt it should work well cuz the txt files will be loaded up to a folder depth of 3 from live/AddOns.

But the version is old, yes! And it's better to directly put it into live/AddOns/LibNotification/LibNotifications.txt and *.lua etc.
01/04/24, 05:44 AM   #11
kaaylim
Hello,

I have the same error (706 or 691) for a while now, when opening notifications after a new collection.

/EsoUI/Ingame/Contacts/Keyboard/Notifications_Keyboard.lua:706: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
/EsoUI/Ingame/Contacts/Keyboard/Notifications_Keyboard.lua:706: in function 'ZO_NotificationsTwoButtonDecline_OnMouseEnter'
ZO_NotificationsList5Row1Decline_MouseEnter:3: in function '(main chunk)'

I have checked and LibNotification is version 11, I don't have any other folder like "LibNotification_r10"

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/FT7ed2

@iccohen, was your issue resolved?
01/04/24, 06:38 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I can use LibNotifications jsut fine without any error.

You should compare your list of active addons please as the error happens!
It might be that any addons you both got activated do not play well together with LibNotifications then!
01/04/24, 09:14 AM   #13
iccohen
Reply to Kaaylim

Kaaylim-

Yes, mine was finally resolved. There were a couple of issues that caused havoc to reign:
  • Use Minion to install your Addons, it will always install it to the correct folder path.
  • If you manually installed, make sure the folders are at the correct level. I had initially installed manually (before I learned about Minion). Deleting and reinstalling with Minion took care of many of the issues.
  • Make sure you have all your dependency Addons installed; I was missing 1-2 (there are a lot).

Once I started over and used Minion to reinstall all the Addons, it worked like it was supposed to. In summation, huge user error on my part.
01/04/24, 11:47 AM   #14
kaaylim
Thank you both for your answers.

I install all my addons via Minion, so I'm not sure why you don't get it anymore.

I found this thread about this error:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ses-this-error

It seems to be Libstub (which we have in common), which for me is required by Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter (not Lazy writ)
01/04/24, 12:40 PM   #15
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by kaaylim View Post
Thank you both for your answers.

I install all my addons via Minion, so I'm not sure why you don't get it anymore.

I found this thread about this error:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ses-this-error

It seems to be Libstub (which we have in common), which for me is required by Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter (not Lazy writ)
That's nonsense, sorry.

LibStub is not the cause of such erros or you'd have had the same before update 40 as it was always around.
It's any addon that uses LibStub most probably, which is an old addon then (or Dolgubon's lazy set crafter whichs till uses it but would not need to.. -> But this is not the causing addon here!).

But in total it's good to strip addons that use LibStub so you do not need to use that ibrary anymore, as most addons already did that and replaced the need for LibStub usage.
Why ever Dolgubon refuses to remove it from Lazy Set Crafter, I don't know. Have asked him several times to do that already

But in total you should nothave any issues because of LibStub but because of any code that changes with Notifications and/or any addon that maybe uses LibStub.
Only disabling LibStub e.g. does nothing except disable dependent addons -> So these dependent addons were the cause (if they were).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » InGame/Contacts/Keyboard error