01/09/16, 02:53 PM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Font definitions

As can be seen on the wiki page about fonts, they usually have 2-3 parts separated by a pipe. First is the font file or an alias, then the font size and optionally a modifier for the style. Today I was asked if I can change some text to have an outline instead of a shadow and after some looking around I found "thick-outline" which does what it says, but looks a bit stupid as it changes the spacing between characters. They are not documented anywhere and besides "soft-shadow-thin", "soft-shadow-thick" and "thick-outline" no other type is used in the UI source, so I was wondering if there are any others that are just unused?

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 01/09/16 at 03:00 PM.
01/09/16, 07:29 PM   #2
circonian
I did not see "thick-outline" on that page, I may have overlooked it, but there is a "shadow"

xml Code:
  1. <Font name="ZoFontEdit" font="$(MEDIUM_FONT)|18|shadow"/>
That's the only other one I know of.
01/09/16, 08:17 PM   #3
merlight
There's also "outline", I used white text with deep red outline on health bar, much more readable when you put an outline between the glyph and the bar gloss. And perhaps also "thin-outline" for symmetry.
01/10/16, 09:24 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by circonian
I did not see "thick-outline" on that page, I may have overlooked it, but there is a "shadow"
I found "thick-outline" by searching the ui source for ' font=".*\|', but I have overlooked "shadow" as it was in between results with soft-shadow.

Originally Posted by merlight
There's also "outline", I used white text with deep red outline on health bar, much more readable when you put an outline between the glyph and the bar gloss. And perhaps also "thin-outline" for symmetry.
I'll have to check "outline", but I did try "thin-outline" and it didn't change anything visually.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Font definitions