07/12/23, 08:19 PM   #1
Elvis King
Question Help?

Hi, today July 12 2023 there was an update early this morning,so I waited until tonight.

Anyway, freaking game isn't loading any of my Addons . I tried rebooting {yes all addons are in my addon folder} still nothing.

Plus game keeps loading in full screen ,even after I change it back to windows . Also loads game music even after I shut it off . Game sign on looks as if I just join ESO. All my toons are now on the right side,use to be on left side when signing on ,even my chat box is on the right when it also was on the left and I can't move it,no luck or unlock showing for me to move it.

First time logging on tonight it said something like to use add ons respond to this email ,but it never came.

Every time I log on {I rebooted and tried several times} it loses all my settings and I have to go back into settings and change it again.

Any idea on what's happening ? I need my add ons ,especially my mini map and writ add on. I can't believe I use to play without these lol.

Thanks
07/13/23, 12:43 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello ElvisKing,

Moved the thread to the proper forum, and at this forum here, please read the sticky posts at the top as they explain how to find your correct addon folder (Screenshot trick e.g.) and what can interfere (OneDrive, etc.).

Thank you

Troubleshooting&HowTo: AddOn install/find, Read & report lua errors, keybind issues
-> https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

Edit:
It sounds like AntiVirus or other tools block access to your c:\users\windows user\documents\elder scrolls online files!
As you said nothing saves.
Add this folder to your AntiVirus "allowed" list (or "exclusion" list) so it can be access properly by your eso64.exe file (Game's executable).
Also add the game's executable to the allowed list so it is able to operate properly and is not blocked by your antivirus/anti malware tools!

As settings and "did I acknowledge to use addons and did I accept the disclaimer" gets saved at c:\users\windows user\documents\elder scrolls online\UserSettings.txt and enabled addons at AddOnSettings.txt

After that:
At the AddOn manager ingame: Do you see any addon there? Do you see a "Disclaimer" keybind at the bottom right? Press it, and acknowledge it to enable addons then

Last edited by Baertram : 07/13/23 at 12:47 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help?