View Single Post
11/08/15, 03:25 PM   #3
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
I
What I don't understand is that both extents.horizontal and extents.vertical are 0 (these are values returned by GetScrollExtents). And when I do /script tbugTabWindow1Tabs:SetHorizontalScroll(10), nothing happens. Offsets remain at 0.
I'm guessing I must be missing something, but since your not inheriting, there is a lot of stuff missing isn't there? I see no scrollbar, nothing gets initialized (ZO_Scroll_Initialize) (even your tbugTabWindow1 has no .scroll or .scrollbar) I see no handlers to: handle extents changing, OnValueChanged, OnMouseWheel, no btns to move the scroll, exc... I understand you want it horizontal but I see no code to handle anything or maybe your just in the process of building it yourself? What did you expect it to do? Or better yet what are you trying to get it to do?

This probably isn't to helpful, I've never used this, but heres what I noticed using SetHorizontalScroll with:
SCROLL_BOUNDING_CONTAINED -- seems to change the extents & offset
SCROLL_BOUNDING_UNBOUND -- changes the offset only
SCROLL_BOUNDING_BOUND -- changes neither
SCROLL_BOUNDING_DEFAULT -- changes offset only

Changing the bounding allows changing the extent & offsets, but even then nothing happens. You said your 1st control reanchored & moved when you called SetHorizontalScroll() after changing the bounds? It didn't for me. Since I see no code for SetHorizontalScroll, I'm assuming it just sets a value but doesn't actually do anything else and I see no handlers to do anything even if those values change.

As Wandamey said, I would look at zo_horizontalscrolllist.lua & the clothier crafting station code: smithingcreation_shared.xml & smithing_common.xml.