View Single Post
04/26/17, 12:49 AM   #26
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While I see siri's point (it's not really ZOS's problem that we as add-on authors haven't managed to come up with a decent replacement for MasterMerchant ), I also second Assembler:

I'm using AddOn Select to have different AddOn states that I can load for different game contexts. My solution works fine for me.

My sets are:
  • trading
  • pve
  • ava
  • debug
  • debug (current addon)

However, while I am content with my solution, it's somewhat maintenance intensive. Whenever I get a new AddOn, I have to adjust four to five AddOn-profiles. I know fully well that the standard user* cannot be arsed to invest that much effort to make sure that their game runs smoothly**.

A way to mark AddOns based on their context would hence be awesome - as would the option to simultaneously hold two lists of AddOns, an active and an inactive one. If anything else would be too taxing on your side, I'm confident that we could do the rest - provide the user with some customised version of AddOn Select that would be clever enough to tell the different contexts apart?

* I was about to mention console users, who can't install an AddOn to manage their AddOns. Fortunately, I noticed in time.
** My standard use case is my husband. "My ESO is lagging!" - "Then deactivate some AddOns?" - "I don't want to! It's taking so long each time!" - "Use AddOn Select and create a profile?" - "I don't want to!" - "..." - "My ESO is lagging!"***
***Overexaggerating for the sake of entertainment

Last edited by manavortex : 04/26/17 at 12:51 AM. Reason: formatting