View Single Post
09/26/20, 10:50 AM   #4
Dung0619
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
There is already a sticky post about that don't overthink it. Even if it doesn't answer the question the way you want it to be answered it is still how you should approach the situation.
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295
I did read that. Like I said, I'm familiar with manifest file version numbers, and that manifest version mismatch != broken mod. I also know the importance of automatic mod updates- I installed minion right away when I found it.

My expectation is that I'm not the first one to have a question and should read the comments for answers. That wasn't serving me well, so I was wondering if the answers were somewhere else. My takeaway is that if I want to know if an addon works, I just have to try it myself. If it works, it works. Then at least I will know, and then I can share the answer myself.

In the future I would like to see a sticky compiling user reports into a list of addons that are working on the current patch, then replacing that thread each time a new game version drops. Whether people are able to run a given mod is the ultimate proof- if a few people post their mod lists it will rapidly populate the list. The process to answer "does it still work?" then becomes: click the thread, ctrl+f, now you know if it works, done. If there isn't a magic list, we could just... make one, couldn't we?