View Single Post
08/28/19, 05:05 AM   #62
cOOLsp0T

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Normally I wouldnt react to a topic like this, but as I noticed did a lot of people doesnt understand the philosophy about making Addons.

The most Addon are made in first grade for himself and his friends! The Author just shares his work with the whole community. Like Anceane said before, its a gift and nothing else!

Undocumented or hidden functions?
I cant understand the problem with this. LUA is an interpreted script Language and so the code can be easily insighted. There arent BINs which you have to reverse engineered before you can read the code or something like that and LUA is easy to learn. Experienced programmers will just document their functions in complexe sections and documentation is most for the author himself. I can understand this argument on Lib's, but not on addons, because did you expect that an Addon Author writes an UML for his Addon?

When an Addon doesnt work like you interested in then, dont blame the author nor use it or write your own Addon! You will fast realize, when you never designed application outputs will you make a lot of stuff which can irritate the user, because you have first to learn how to make stuff like this in a decent way, same with Easter Eggs.

Last edited by cOOLsp0T : 08/28/19 at 05:07 AM. Reason: forget a word