View Single Post
05/02/22, 03:18 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stirps View Post
my SkyShards Addon is not working, as in it is not showing on the map. If I use /skyshards it does open up the addon menu.
All the libs it depends on work, I have installed it manually twice now and contacted friends who installed it on the same day to make sure that mine was in order.

Apparently I am the only person with such a problem and I do not know how to fix it.
It's like the commercial for Alexis where they guy wants to make a grilled cheese sandwich and Chef Ramsay yells, the sandwich is the %$$# recipe. If you installed it properly then it would be working. You can't really have it installed properly and it mysteriously doesn't work.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

So read the sticky post. I have no way to know what you did wrong. In fact I'd see why on gods green earth Minion isn't working for you and just fix that. It will not make the common mistakes users make.

All I can say is the biggest issue I see for people is not unziping files properly. People use a variety of programs and somehow they create folders within folders of folders. Also DO NOT KEEP backups of ANY mod in your Addons folder. The backup should be in a folder outside of Addons and maybe on the desktop for example. Only put Addons and the libraries in the Addons folder.

It goes here: C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\SkyShards

Not any of this

C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\SkyShards\SkyShards
C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\SkyShards_v304\SkyShards
C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\SkyShards_v304.zip\SkyShards\SkyShards
C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SkyShards
C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddOns\SkyShards

Last edited by Sharlikran : 05/02/22 at 05:29 PM.