View Single Post
04/05/21, 11:38 PM   #1
IsJustaGhost
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question unable to change/disable/capture reticle keybind

I'm looking for a way to actually disable the keybind for a specific interactable target.

I have tried everything I can think of.
I have created a keybind layer and self.interactKeybindButton:SetKeybind("UI_DISABLED", false, "UI_DISABLED"), but this only seems to remove the E/ A-button from being displayed.
Code:

<Action name="UI_DISABLED" hideAction="true" holdAndChordInteraction="RUN_ANYWAY">
	<Down>return false</Down>
	<Up>return false</Up>
</Action>

I have tried self.interactKeybindButton:SetEnabled(false) -- only grays out the keybind text
I have tried self.interactKeybindButton:SetKeybindEnabled(false)
I have tried self.interactKeybindButton.enabled = false,
I have tried self.interactKeybindButton:SetCallback(function() end), self.interactKeybindButton:SetCallback(nil)
I have tried self.interactKeybindButton = nil -- that just causes errors, but figured it was worth a shot
I have tried self.interactKeybindButton.OnClicked = nil -- does absolutely nothing
I've tried prehooking RETICLE.interactKeybindButton:OnClicked()

I've come to think this interactKeybindButton is only there for the text, not actual functionality.

The goal is to disable the possibility of interacting with a certain object while certain conditions are not met but, I need the target information to be displayed. This is why I cannot just simply hide the reticle for the target.

Being able to change the callback is also desired. This would be to store a timestamp that would be used to disable bypassing of the default function of the keybind until a determined time.
I have no issues with manipulating the different texts for the target,