View Single Post
01/19/21, 08:26 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by G.T. Gizra View Post
Just Minion that is giving me fits, and from what a guildmate told me when I mentioned it to them there are others in one of his other guilds that are having similar issues with Minion not registering downloaded addons properly.
Yeah and that's the solution then for you as it seems: Blame the software and the helping answers, because others say the software is the cause, instead of reading and trying what we povide as help
Why did you even start a forum thread then if your guild mates already solved the unsolvable problem for you

Just as a matter of fact: I run Minion on 3 PCs, drives c standard install folder c:\users...\appdata, non standard install folder directly at c:\Minion, drive d non standard install folder. All work well since 2014.

It's not Minion, it's your setup and software installed on your local computer and what you have chosen it to be, like moving the documents folder somewhere else, using symlinks, antivirus blocks, windows updates, OneDrive enabled moving the documents folder there ... and and and.
The same could apply to every other software. And Minion definately supports installations in the non-standard install directory.

Read this first and check all is done correctly on your side:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Then delete your Minion.log file and Minion.xml file.
Re-download Minion 32bit version! not 64bit. Install Minion to your D:\Minion folder.
Add the Minion install dir to your antiviru whitelist & firewall whitelist.

Afterwards:
>Read my LAST answer please, follow the link, read what is described there to find your correct addons folder!

After you found your addons folder:
Start Minion as administraor/with priviledged rights (not really needed but could be).
Select the game ESO, select the folder you fond with your addons that the game will find, and do not expect it to be any other folder. If you read how to detect the addon folder via the ingame screenshot workaround e.g. you will know what the game thinks is the folder
Point Minion to this folder.
After scanning click on teh gear icon at the top right edge of Minion, set the scan depth for addons to the maximum.

If addons are not shown within Minion then jst close Minion after ~3 minutes and restart it. Repeat start and close a few times if still nothing is in the list. It sometimes takes a while.
If it still does not work you either got some other software installed that disturbes Minion or there is some other problem.

Attach the Minon.log and minion.xml files here then like described in the Minion thread how to report Minion problems properly.