08/16/14, 02:01 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Recipe Indices

It would be very nice to be able to get the RecipeListIndex & the RecipeIndex from an item link !!

08/16/14, 11:09 PM   #2
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by circonian View Post
It would be very nice to be able to get the RecipeListIndex & the RecipeIndex from an item link !!
There is a provisioning revamp planned in the nearest future, who knows, maybe then we will see some api changes in that direction.

09/14/15, 03:01 PM   #3
zgwortz
This may be an older request, but it's something I would find *really* useful. Currently there are two sets of functions for getting recipe related info - one based on the item link, and one based on the recipe list index and recipe index.

You *can* connect the two if the current player knows the recipe, by comparing the recipe result links, but that's not very useful when the current player does NOT know the recipe. In that instance, there's simply no possible way to connect the two pieces of data, which is rather frustrating when you're trying to put together a dynamic recipe list.

09/14/15, 03:10 PM   #4
Wandamey
except that the indexes depend on the filters at the cooking station afaik.
so you'll have them only for known recipes.

maybe you want to have a look at this mod :
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1034-CookeryWiz.html
it has a full list of recipes.
it is still maintained and developped.

Last edited by Wandamey : 09/14/15 at 03:17 PM.

09/14/15, 03:38 PM   #5
zgwortz
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
except that the indexes depend on the filters at the cooking station afaik.
so you'll have them only for known recipes.

maybe you want to have a look at this mod :
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1034-CookeryWiz.html
it has a full list of recipes.
it is still maintained and developped.
Actually, my desire is specifically to create a mod which does this without requiring a full list of recipes so it doesn't NEED to be changed at all when they add/remove recipes and recipe lists to the game.

I can come close to what I want -- known recipes can be obtained from the indices, but you cannot get the original recipe link from them. Unknown recipes can be obtained from recipe links in inventories, guild stores, and the like, but you then have no way at all to connect them to the indices in the cooking station. You're simply missing the connecting piece, which is the indices corresponding to the recipe links. With that I could have code which builds the entire recipe table purely from in-game data as you see recipe links and learn recipes.

And from the data I've gotten from those APIs, it seems the indices don't actually change based on the filters at all. They appear to be fixed, and if a character doesn't know a particular recipe, they simply return empty data for a particular index.

I'm slightly tempted to make a libRecipe.lua which just has each Recipe Link and it's corresponding recipeListIndex and recipeIndex (from which *everything* else can be derived through in game APIs), but it detracts a lot from my original no-maintenance-required concept.

09/14/15, 03:43 PM   #6
Wandamey
they didn't use a table because they sucked at developping, they used it after generating it from browsing all item id and collecting useful data in a tool they made themselves probably. Then they copied the table.

Why?
because if you run the game on a toaster and do such a browsing at startup, you crash.
so yes it is possible.
and no, it's not worth the processing to avoid to copy paste your resulting table twice a year for major updates.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Recipe Indices