09/04/15, 07:45 PM   #1
Argusus
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_Templates ScrollTemplates

Hello,

Does anyone have recommendations for me change my Scroll lists in TradesMan? It looks like they have removed or deprecated the Filter ScrollList base I was relying on to build my addon. any feedback/suggestions are appreciated! below is the message i'm getting since the new update.

09/04/15, 08:23 PM   #2
merlight
You're either passing nil instead of proper list control to ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType, or it hasn't been initialized properly with ZO_ScrollList_Initialize.
09/04/15, 08:30 PM   #3
merlight
Ok, read some more.

In order to be used as ZO_SortFilterList, CustomerListContainer must contain a control named "$(parent)List" that inherits="ZO_ScrollList".

Delete all your X:New functions, they're not needed, and wrong. ZO_SortFilterList.New itself calls :Initialize, you don't want to call it a second time. Fix your :Initialize functions to call the base as the very first thing.
09/04/15, 08:41 PM   #4
Argusus
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Ok, read some more.

In order to be used as ZO_SortFilterList, CustomerListContainer must contain a control named "$(parent)List" that inherits="ZO_ScrollList".

Delete all your X:New functions, they're not needed, and wrong. ZO_SortFilterList.New itself calls :Initialize, you don't want to call it a second time. Fix your :Initialize functions to call the base as the very first thing.
cool thanks for the information. So I should remove the calls in TradesMan when calling new? on line 1277 I have TRADESMAN.CustomerList = CustomerList:New() which then calls Initialize, then I have these for my x:New functions.

Code:
function CustomerList:New()
	local customers = ZO_SortFilterList.New(self, CustomerListContainer)
	customers:Initialize()
	return customers
end
09/04/15, 08:58 PM   #5
merlight
Remove the function CustomerList:New(), it's overriding the base with nothing "new" to add

TRADESMAN.CustomerList = CustomerList:New(CustomerListContainer)
will work just fine without it, because CustomerList is already defined as ZO_SortFilterList:Subclass(), so it will call the correct New and YOUR Initialize (that's why you need to call ZO_SortFilterList.Initialize from there)
09/04/15, 09:17 PM   #6
circonian
Example: (I combined your New & Initialize functions)
Lua Code:
  1. function CustomerList:New()
  2.     local manager = ZO_SortFilterList.New(self, CustomerListContainer)
  3.     manager.masterList = {}
  5.     ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType(manager.list, 1, "CustomerUnitRow", 30, function(control, data) manager:SetupUnitRow(control, data) end)
  6.     ZO_ScrollList_EnableHighlight(manager.list, "ZO_ThinListHighlight")
  7.     manager.sortFunction = function(listEntry1, listEntry2) return ZO_TableOrderingFunction(listEntry1.data, listEntry2.data, manager.currentSortKey, CustomerList.SORT_KEYS, manager.currentSortOrder) end
  8.     manager.sortHeaderGroup:SelectHeaderByKey("name")
  9.     manager:RefreshData()
  11.     return manager
  12. end
  14. TRADESMAN.CustomerList = CustomerList:New()

Last edited by circonian : 09/04/15 at 09:21 PM.
09/04/15, 10:10 PM   #7
Argusus
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Remove the function CustomerList:New(), it's overriding the base with nothing "new" to add

TRADESMAN.CustomerList = CustomerList:New(CustomerListContainer)
will work just fine without it, because CustomerList is already defined as ZO_SortFilterList:Subclass(), so it will call the correct New and YOUR Initialize (that's why you need to call ZO_SortFilterList.Initialize from there)
thanks for the quick responses! I really appreciate it Mer!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » ZO_Templates ScrollTemplates