View Poll Results: Would you like to see Name Plates in ESO?
Yes, I would like to see name plates added 27 54.00%
No, I do not care to see name plates added 18 36.00%
It does not effect me one way of the either 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

05/04/14, 03:01 PM   #1
Sideshow

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This and chat bubbles...
05/04/14, 03:38 PM   #2
Warabeskel
already have this option in setting... just enable them

and for all who love RPG no one love nameplate...
a lot of mmo have this feature enable by default but Zenimax Online try to envolve mmo style to a new age and this is why we love them

if you dont love nameplate-less dont play with this game and return to WOW
05/04/14, 05:23 PM   #3
Attorneyatlawl
Originally Posted by Warabeskel View Post
already have this option in setting... just enable them

and for all who love RPG no one love nameplate...
a lot of mmo have this feature enable by default but Zenimax Online try to envolve mmo style to a new age and this is why we love them

if you dont love nameplate-less dont play with this game and return to WOW
No, we don't have the option in settings at all.

And I love rpg's, I don't love lack of organization tools for groups or not being able to see who is near me readily in pvp or pve. The UI has nothing to do with the gameplay, so please don't get into silliness about WOW. I never have played WOW, but I love nameplates.
05/04/14, 05:26 PM   #4
Attorneyatlawl
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
This and chat bubbles...
Chat bubbles are officially slated, but even though I don't like them, I support the option being added for those who do. On a side note, how the heck are chat bubbles of any use without nameplates, exactly, anyway...?
05/04/14, 09:44 PM   #5
lyravega
Why do everyone want this game to look like any other MMO, I don't understand. We have something unique, and general vibe I'm getting is, this game doesn't feel like any other MMO. This thing alone is a blessing for me...
05/04/14, 09:48 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
It's not that they want it to look like any other MMO. It's that it is so much *easier* to interact with the people around you with these features.
05/04/14, 10:43 PM   #7
Qwynn
Usually I support toggle options for certain things, as gods know I've asked for quite a few of them, but in the case of TESO and nameplates, I'm actually against it.

Yes, I can understand why people want them and yes, I've used them religiously in past games.

Here's the thing, though: We don't actually need them, and I honestly believe it would detract from the game.

You could limit or disable the nameplates in PVP, sure, but that's only part of the issue. PVE also needs to be taken into consideration, and here's why: if nameplates were implemented as a toggle, anyone who decided not to use nameplates would be at a technical disadvantage than the people who did. It suddenly changes how the game is played by completely changing how the player interacts with their environment. Anyone who preferred the original style sans nameplate toggle is then handicapping themselves (and thus their group) because of this.

And let me tell you, no one wants to be grouped with someone intentionally making things more difficult for themselves (and thus everyone else).

Edit: I also don't consider chat bubble and nameplates to be in the same vein, as the former do not fundamentally alter gameplay, so there is no reason to have them as a toggle if they are implemented in the same theme as the current minimal UI.

Last edited by Qwynn : 05/04/14 at 10:45 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Official Petition to Zenimax to add Name Plates