04/21/14, 04:30 PM   #1
Thork
[Request] Simple addon for PvP group leaders

Hello,

So most of us hardcore PvPers who run in large groups are finding it hard to keep our folks together on the leader with the current UI (i.e. no commander tags or the ability to change the icons over certain group members heads). I understand that the current API will not allow you to modify anything but the UI (i.e. can't change the chevron displayed over the group leader in the game for instance); however, we use a trinket that CANNOT be added to your quick slot bar. It's called "Finvir's Trinket" and when it's used it creates a bright blue beam of light that emanates from your character, much like a Sky Shard, just blue.

We use this trinket when we want our guys/gals to group up for an attack or to regroup after an attack. the problem is that you have to stop, open your inventory, find the trinket, right click it and then click 'use'. This of course, becomes VERY tedious in the midst of battle. How hard would it be to make an addon that either replaces all of that clicking into a either a single key click or at at least a /slash command?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Thork
04/21/14, 05:40 PM   #2
Mitazaki

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just finished a new sat nav style one. I don't like the compass or map for tracking and prefered this method for keep me in the right direction.

ADDON LINK

For those that were requesting some form of group leader indicator / icon etc I am about to upload a new addon called "Follow The Leader". This addon has a satnav style arrow pointer that keeps you on the right direction if you need to follow the leader .

04/21/14, 07:20 PM   #3
Thork
Thanks!

Not exactly what I was asking for, but it might work. We need an in game rendered solution and for now the only thing that does that for us is the trinket. Anyone able to make this add on?

~Thork
04/21/14, 08:04 PM   #4
Mitazaki

Nope API doesnt allow authors to add are alter anything to the 3d space in the UI.
04/21/14, 08:52 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Mitazaki View Post
Nope API doesnt allow authors to add are alter anything to the 3d space in the UI.
This ^^. In game =/= UI. Addons can only alter the UI.
04/21/14, 09:58 PM   #6
Thork
Don't want to sound like that guy but...

If you re-read my original post you will find that what I'm looking for is an addon that simply finds something in your inventory and clicks the 'use' function on it with a single button press and/or a slash-command of some sort

I assume the API can do this as there are numerous inventory mods that do everything from stacking items, to mailing them from your inventory, to telling you the difference in their vendor value, to destroying them, etc...

I should have been more clear, my apologies...

Thanks for your time,

~Thork

Last edited by Thork : 04/21/14 at 10:05 PM.
04/21/14, 10:22 PM   #7
JackMi
Originally Posted by Thork View Post
Don't want to sound like that guy but...

If you re-read my original post you will find that what I'm looking for is an addon that simply finds something in your inventory and clicks the 'use' function on it with a single button press and/or a slash-command of some sort

I assume the API can do this as there are numerous inventory mods that do everything from stacking items, to mailing them from your inventory, to telling you the difference in their vendor value, to destroying them, etc...

I should have been more clear, my apologies...

Thanks for your time,

~Thork
That solves not the problem. What if everybody uses this addon (even if they are not the leader)? Mitazaki solution is API based and very good imho. Thanks for that.
04/22/14, 04:26 AM   #8
Thork
Originally Posted by JackMi View Post
That solves not the problem. What if everybody uses this addon (even if they are not the leader)?
We run guild groups ONLY in PvP, as do most of the top PvPers. Additionally, the 'group leader' is never the one actually leading or calling the shots in hardcore PvP guilds, as they do not have the time to send out invites all the time while maneuvering their forces, checking the map, giving directions to the PUGs in chat, etc...

Finally, unless EVERYONE in our 3 raid strong guild force is running this particular addon, its useless for keeping large groups together as we would still have to use the trinket as a way point for people to get to. The trinket pops a very easy to see blue beacon in the 3D space of the game. Since its tough to even invite folks while leading, I also don't have the time to stop, open my inventory, find the trinket, right-click on it and click 'use'.

Mitazaki solution's is a good one, just not viable for what we (and most other hardcore PvPers) need.

My solution is API based as well, and is what I'm requesting.

~Thork
04/22/14, 04:50 AM   #9
KinderH
Can't you put this item in the Quick Slots (where you put your potions, rams or any useable items) ? Most useable items i seen can be put in there. Combining that with Greymind Quick Slot Bar could be a solution.
04/22/14, 04:56 AM   #10
Thork
we use a trinket that CANNOT be added to your quick slot bar. It's called "Finvir's Trinket"
Nope and that is essentially what we are looking to replicate via a custom addon using the 'UseItem protected (integer bagId, integer slotIndex)' API function.

http://youtu.be/1lVifS1WENI

This is what it looks like and why its so useful in leading PvP groups:

Thanks again,

~Thork

Last edited by Thork : 04/22/14 at 05:13 AM.
04/22/14, 05:02 AM   #11
Mitazaki

We run guild groups ONLY in PvP, as do most of the top PvPers. Additionally, the 'group leader' is never the one actually leading or calling the shots in hardcore PvP guilds, as they do not have the time to send out invites all the time while maneuvering their forces, checking the map, giving directions to the PUGs in chat, etc...

Finally, unless EVERYONE in our 3 raid strong guild force is running this particular addon, its useless for keeping large groups together as we would still have to use the trinket as a way point for people to get to. The trinket pops a very easy to see blue beacon in the 3D space of the game. Since its tough to even invite folks while leading, I also don't have the time to stop, open my inventory, find the trinket, right-click on it and click 'use'.

Mitazaki solution's is a good one, just not viable for what we (and most other hardcore PvPers) need.

My solution is API based as well, and is what I'm requesting.

~Thork
I will be adding an option later to allow the user to select who he/she wants to follow, even then I would rather look at the arrow than look around hunting for a light.

I'm sure Zenimax will add leader markers or assignable markers soon, everyone is screaming for them.

Last edited by Mitazaki : 04/22/14 at 05:08 AM.
04/25/14, 08:17 AM   #12
Adein
My addon tracks the leader (or anyone else you specify) on the map and the compass.

It would be nice to be able to modify the world elements, but for now this is what we get.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info284-GroupLeader.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Simple addon for PvP group leaders