04/07/14, 09:18 PM   #1
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] GetItemInfo() equivalent for items in the guild store

I believe that the title is self-explanatory

I'd like to extend my Research Assistant to the guild store, but currently it is impossible.

04/07/14, 09:28 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Why is it impossible?

04/07/14, 10:04 PM   #3
ingeniousclown
There are no API calls that return item information equivalent to GetItemInfo(bagId, slotIndex) for the guild store. All player bag slots have dataEntry.data.bagId/slotIndex, but there is no "bagId" for the trading house and, as far as I can tell, the slotIndex for each row is dynamic based on search criteria.

To be able to integrate RA to the guild store I actually need more information than just what GetItemInfo() returns. I need the following:
ItemTraitType
ItemType
EquipType
An equivalent function to CanItemBeSmithingTraitResearched(), but for the trading house.

Heck, I know this might be a stretch but it'd be kinda nice if the results were stored in a kind of temporary bag so we can call all the normal inventory functions on them.

04/07/14, 11:15 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
There you go, now that's a proper request.

04/07/14, 11:21 PM   #5
ingeniousclown
I didn't realize what you were doing until I thought about half an hour after my reply :P

Thanks, Seerah!

04/08/14, 10:53 AM   #6
ahostbr

I've been looking into this all day to try and make a Guild store filterer by string.

only info ive been able to come across is the "ZO_TradingHouse" events ... I believe with more research and testing we can grab all the necessary info to filter the results of the trading house there ...

Ive never made a lua addon before so im just scratching the surface with this though... Id love to help in anyway I can

source of my info is
http://wiki.esoui.com/Raw_globals_dump

*EDIT*
After further research the current api does contain away to grab the info
Code:
GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo(luaindex index)

Returns: textureName icon, string itemName, integer quality, integer stackCount, string sellerName, integer timeRemaining, integer purchasePrice
source is

http://wiki.esoui.com/API#Trading_House

Last edited by ahostbr : 04/10/14 at 10:34 AM. Reason: change in info

04/14/14, 06:57 PM   #7
Wukar
Well, the search result for the current page is stored:
lua Code:
  1. ZO_TradingHouseItemPaneSearchResults.data
Each entry holds the information gained from calling GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo
Not really more info. But where is the mouseover tooltip stored? That shows more info.

Last edited by Wukar : 04/14/14 at 08:25 PM.

04/18/14, 07:55 PM   #8
ingeniousclown
Originally Posted by ahostbr View Post
I've been looking into this all day to try and make a Guild store filterer by string.

only info ive been able to come across is the "ZO_TradingHouse" events ... I believe with more research and testing we can grab all the necessary info to filter the results of the trading house there ...

Ive never made a lua addon before so im just scratching the surface with this though... Id love to help in anyway I can

source of my info is
http://wiki.esoui.com/Raw_globals_dump

*EDIT*
After further research the current api does contain away to grab the info
Code:
GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo(luaindex index)

Returns: textureName icon, string itemName, integer quality, integer stackCount, string sellerName, integer timeRemaining, integer purchasePrice
source is

http://wiki.esoui.com/API#Trading_House
Insufficient. This has no actual info about the item except for the icon and quality.

11/19/14, 06:14 PM   #9
walkingeyerobot
I know this is old, but GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink is an undocumented function that is what you want.

11/20/14, 11:05 AM   #10
Halja

Originally Posted by walkingeyerobot View Post
I know this is old, but GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink is an undocumented function that is what you want.
FYI The function did not appear in the API until two months after this thread ended. It showed up in APIVersion 100007 (1.2). This is a case were ZOS heard the community and added/made it available to add-developers at later date.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] GetItemInfo() equivalent for items in the guild store