06/01/14, 04:39 PM   #1
Ryainor
Addon to color specific party member marker

Hi,

I think this does not exist, so I'm asking if it's possible (and maybe someone might decide to create it if there's interest

What I'm looking for is an addon that colors the party pin marker above a players head, and the pin on the map for a specific player that I choose.
Kind of like how the party leader has a special icon so they are easily detectable. I would like to be able to give a specific person in the group a special icon so it's easier to see where that person is in pvp and other large groups.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.
06/01/14, 07:58 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The markers in the world are not accessible by addons. Coloring it on the map *may* be possible, if an addon can see which unit the marker belongs to.
06/02/14, 06:54 AM   #3
Ryainor
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The markers in the world are not accessible by addons. Coloring it on the map *may* be possible, if an addon can see which unit the marker belongs to.
Thanks for letting me know.
If any addon creator decides they want a new project maybe they can look into if it's possible colouring it on the map
I'd be sure to use it.
06/02/14, 09:43 AM   #4
Garkin

Originally Posted by Ryainor View Post
Thanks for letting me know.
If any addon creator decides they want a new project maybe they can look into if it's possible colouring it on the map
I'd be sure to use it.
It is possible to change color of map pins, for example HarvestMap addon it does.
Map uses two different types of group pins (group leader / group mebers). If you want to have different color for each group member, it is doable, but it is not that simple matter.

If you do not have HarvestMap addon installed, just copy&paste the following code into the .lua file of any addon you use:
Lua Code:
  1. --set pin colors:
  2. ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[MAP_PIN_TYPE_GROUP_LEADER].color = {1, 0.65, 0, 1} --r,g,b,alpha (orange)
  3. ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[MAP_PIN_TYPE_GROUP].color = {0, 1, 0, 1} --(green)
  5. --hook function to make it work:
  6. ZO_PreHook(ZO_MapPin, "SetData",
  7.    function(self, pinTypeId)
  8.       local control = GetControl(self:GetControl(), "Background")
  9.       local color = ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[pinTypeId].color or {1, 1, 1, 1}
  10.       control:SetColor(unpack(color))
  11.    end)

If you use HarvestMap, you will need either replace custom hook in HarvestMapMarkers.lua with the code above or change my code to post hook:
Lua Code:
  1. --set pin colors:
  2. ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[MAP_PIN_TYPE_GROUP_LEADER].color = {1, 0.65, 0, 1} --r,g,b,alpha (orange)
  3. ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[MAP_PIN_TYPE_GROUP].color = {0, 1, 0, 1} --(green)
  5. --hook function to make it work:
  6. local SetData = ZO_MapPin.SetData
  7. ZO_MapPin.SetData = function(self, pinTypeId, ...)
  8.    SetData(self, pinTypeId, ...)
  9.    local control = GetControl(self:GetControl(), "Background")
  10.    local color = ZO_MapPin.PIN_DATA[pinTypeId].color or {1, 1, 1, 1}
  11.    control:SetColor(unpack(color))
  12. end
06/02/14, 09:57 AM   #5
lyravega
I don't remember where they were, but you can access to "group1", "group2", and so on and individually alter the marker types, and colors if you so desire.

Though, when someone joins or leaves, these assignments (group# assignments) get randomized, so unless a name check is passed per join/leave, it could be useless.
06/02/14, 10:22 AM   #6
Garkin

Originally Posted by lyravega View Post
I don't remember where they were, but you can access to "group1", "group2", and so on and individually alter the marker types, and colors if you so desire.

Though, when someone joins or leaves, these assignments (group# assignments) get randomized, so unless a name check is passed per join/leave, it could be useless.
Argument pinTag in ZO_MapPin:SetData(pinTypeId, pinTag) function is "group1, "group2" etc. So yes, as I said it is doable. But it will need a bit more work. At least if you want to make it work together with other addons.
06/03/14, 05:17 AM   #7
Ryainor
I'm afraid I don't really understand any of this LUA stuff
I am a network engineer and can programme switches and routers etc but when it comes to program coding it confuses my mind !

It would be good if an addon could do this.
Maybe the addon could have a command such as "/PartyColor @WhoYouWantPinColoured" and then the addon looks up that party member to see if they exist, and then colours the map pin marker if they do.

Just an idea
06/25/14, 06:29 AM   #8
Rhordin
I'm also looking for something like this.

My situation is:
We are a small guild and 3-4 members of us are sometimes acting in a pvp group with 20 others.
It would be nice to see a difference between my friends from my guild in this group of 24 players, so that i can see where they are.

So the idea is: a special color for guild members or friends from list within a big group in pvp.

The idea with manually giving special color to name via console command is also very good.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to color specific party member marker