03/31/24, 06:07 PM   #1
static_recharge
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Event for Guild Created?

Hey all I have another question I can't seem to find the answer to. Is there an event that fires when a guild is created? I can't seem to find one and I would like to be able to update my addon if the user creates their own guild. If there's not an event is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
03/31/24, 07:15 PM   #2
DakJaniels
maybe this? EVENT_GUILD_SELF_JOINED_GUILD. I don't have any empty slots or I could test it. If you use merTorchbug you can /tbe and toggle the e in the upper right of the window and watch for the event as you create the guild.
03/31/24, 08:04 PM   #3
static_recharge
Originally Posted by DakJaniels View Post
maybe this? EVENT_GUILD_SELF_JOINED_GUILD. I don't have any empty slots or I could test it. If you use merTorchbug you can /tbe and toggle the e in the upper right of the window and watch for the event as you create the guild.
I have tried that and it does not fire. Sorry I should have mentioned that.
04/01/24, 02:56 AM   #4
ExoY

U can use the even debug of torchbug or zgoo to investigate
04/01/24, 06:52 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
With merTbug (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...tsandmore.html)
you can type /tbe to open the global inspector with the "Events" tab and then at the top right edge of the header bar click on the "e" to start the event tarcking

The list will fill with the events then and you can right click the "e" at the header abr again to show a contex menu for filtering events etc.
It wil show you all the events that fire around you after starting the event listeners and after you stopped it you can click the events in the list to inspect what values got passed in (param1, param2, ... are the events normal parameters where param1 should always be the eventId.

This is a screenshot of the tbug global inspector showing another active tab ("Objects").
Either call it via /tb or /tbug and manually switch to the Events tab, or directly /tbe to open and switch to the events tab (or /tbuge or /tbug events).

Edit:
Zgoo (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...oHighIsle.html) also provides that kind of event list, just using another UI (not as comfortable to navigate imo, and I think there is no event filtering possibility, like tbug provides via right click context menu?)

From zgoo description:
/zgoo events

Track events in real time. Can unregister events by hitting the X button (reload to undo this). Hit + to expand the arguments for the event.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/01/24 at 06:56 AM.
04/01/24, 04:17 PM   #6
static_recharge
Thank you for the replies. I found another way to accomplish what I wanted which was to update the settings menu with a guild list even if the user created a new guild. I just update the menu everytime it's opened. I will keep these methods in mind for future problems though so thanks again!
04/01/24, 04:45 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You should not update the total entries of a LAM menu each time, if not needed.
Especially if your LAM panel got registerForRefresh = true enabled it will make all the controls in your panel re-run the getFunc (I think it was) and check if a refresh is needed (e.g. update disabled state of LAM controls, fire the LAM callbacks etc.).

If not already done: At least check if the guildIds of your guilds changed and ONLY THEN update the LAM settings where you show/use your guilds.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/01/24 at 04:47 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Event for Guild Created?