11/04/14, 12:10 PM   #1
gillysan
Harven's status & a 1.5.2 error

I don't use many of Harven's addons and I have heard that he uses his own library (not entirely sure what a library is). Also, he mentioned in a recent comment that his sub has run out, so I don't know if this means he is gone from the game entirely.

Harven's I have installed:
Extended Stats
Improved Skill Window
Quest Journal

There a simple fix?

Code:
2014-11-04T09:48:20.469-08:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:61: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
	EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:98: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
	user:/AddOns/HarvensQuestJournal/libs/LHAS/LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua:628: in function 'AddonSettings:AddToOptionsPanel'
	user:/AddOns/HarvensQuestJournal/libs/LHAS/LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua:806: in function 'OptionsWindowFragmentStateChange'
	EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:86: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:234: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:113: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:327: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:221: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'|r
11/04/14, 12:23 PM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...orUpdate5.html
11/04/14, 12:25 PM   #3
Randactyl
You can think of a library like the wheel - it's code that is useful enough to be used in multiple applications but would be unnecessary/painful to re-invent every time you needed it.

Harven does use his own settings panel library rather than the fairly universal LibAddonMenu. If I remember correctly, someone posted an unofficial update to Harven's settings library on the forums but I'm on mobile and can't find it at the moment.

edit: Garkin's compatibility tool may fix some things, but if the error is related to Harven's settings, I don't think it will help.

edit 2: I had a feeling it was Garkin that provided the update for Harven's settings https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tedcy6ima...date5.zip?dl=0

Last edited by Randactyl : 11/04/14 at 12:39 PM.
11/04/14, 12:44 PM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
i just install compatibility tool and all 3 addons i used from Harven working fine again
without errors
11/04/14, 12:57 PM   #5
gillysan
Thumbs up

The compatibility tool looks to have done the job! No errors so far.
11/04/14, 03:14 PM   #6
Harven

Hey!
All my addon are now updated with the fixed version of the lib. As you already know my sub is over but I'm still around and it's very likely that I'll renew my sub in the future since there is still some game content left for me to play with
11/04/14, 04:38 PM   #7
gillysan
Thanks and also update addons I have.
11/04/14, 08:49 PM   #8
Nita
PLEEEEASE fix the bookcopy addon... it doesn't work at all any more and it's really bad for me.. pleeeease...
11/04/14, 10:01 PM   #9
katkat42
Originally Posted by Nita View Post
PLEEEEASE fix the bookcopy addon... it doesn't work at all any more and it's really bad for me.. pleeeease...
Unfortunately, with Update 5, ZO disabled the function that copies text from add-ons to clipboard. So unless ZO undoes that change, it's not gonna happen.
11/05/14, 02:21 AM   #10
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by katkat42 View Post
Unfortunately, with Update 5, ZO disabled the function that copies text from add-ons to clipboard. So unless ZO undoes that change, it's not gonna happen.
**** you ZOS
so now this functions are private, and can be execute only by hacks?
11/05/14, 04:37 AM   #11
Nita
Well it seems that Garkin had some idea of a workaround http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4....html#comments ...

If somebody could try to implement it or to explain to me how to do this manually, I'd be soooo grateful...
11/05/14, 05:38 AM   #12
Garkin

Originally Posted by Nita View Post
Well it seems that Garkin had some idea of a workaround http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4....html#comments ...

If somebody could try to implement it or to explain to me how to do this manually, I'd be soooo grateful...
I didn't find any workaround, my comment was valid only for public test server. Live server has this feature completely disabled.
11/05/14, 08:03 AM   #13
Nita
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I didn't find any workaround, my comment was valid only for public test server. Live server has this feature completely disabled.
Well, that's baaad news. I'll have to try and talk with ZOS, but I don't have much hope.

Thanks for letting me know, Garkin, and thanks for all your work on so many great add-ons.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harven's status & a 1.5.2 error