09/15/15, 12:13 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] A little bit of recognition

I would love to get an ingame title. Scripter of Tamriel, Nirm Builder, that kind of things, translated if possible, I'm not english.

That's few but I will be happy with this. Community Ambassadors should deserve it also.

And you, what would you like from ZOS If they were asking you "what do you want ?" A lifetime ESO+ subscription, few months ? A week-end at Austin as a journalist, VIP guest ? A job ? An interview ? Virtual items ? Unlocking an achievement ? A npc with your name ?

PS: i've already wrote a little lib to hack UnitFrame and display that custom title for users of my addons, but never published yet.

Last edited by Ayantir : 09/15/15 at 12:33 PM.

09/15/15, 01:18 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'd like to get a priorized performance at the server
Just joking.

I'd love to get a special "addon dev" or "Community supporter" pet that we can show to others, or a title as you proposed. I don't need any items or ingame gold or free play time, as i'm happy to play with my friends (this is what the game is designed for).

I'm also happy if I don#t get anything as recognition, as I myself didn't help the community as others do here. But maybe ZOs will think about any special present that "lasts forever" for some of you/us.

09/15/15, 02:38 PM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I would love to get an ingame title. Scripter of Tamriel, Nirm Builder, that kind of things, translated if possible, I'm not english.

That's few but I will be happy with this. Community Ambassadors should deserve it also.

And you, what would you like from ZOS If they were asking you "what do you want ?" A lifetime ESO+ subscription, few months ? A week-end at Austin as a journalist, VIP guest ? A job ? An interview ? Virtual items ? Unlocking an achievement ? A npc with your name ?

PS: i've already wrote a little lib to hack UnitFrame and display that custom title for users of my addons, but never published yet.
I like the idea of a special title for users who maintain addons. Scripter Of Tamriel sounds good, Addon Developer is nice, an NPC with my name, that would definitely be cool.

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
lol I did something similar to display a message that I wrote the addon their using, but also never published it.

09/15/15, 02:48 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

Lol. I played with the thought of making a lib to display a custom title for addon devs at some point.
A unique title would be nice or maybe a special costume for when I am writing addons...

Also my vote is for something more lore friendly. Maybe pretend the UI code is an elder scroll and we are mothpriests for gazing into it?

09/15/15, 03:28 PM   #5
merlight
I want the Wabbajack. Make it a level 10 Destruction Staff with Unpredictable Enchantment and some silly trait like +Y% Cheese Penetration. I'd use it in Blackwater Blade, maybe it would turn those NPC guards into something useful.

Now really. I write add-ons for myself, friends and other add-on authors, the rest of players get them consequentially. I'm not the social type, I don't expect recognition. What I do expect from ZOS is fixing what's broken and not fixing what's not broken.

09/15/15, 04:26 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
...and not fixing what's not broken.
Hahaha, made my day

09/15/15, 04:44 PM   #7
Sorondor
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
What I do expect from ZOS is fixing what's broken and not fixing what's not broken.
Yes, "fixing" what wasn't broken in the first place annoys me the most I think.

09/15/15, 08:09 PM   #8
Ravalox Darkshire
Ravalox of Lake Superior

Premium Member
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Lol. I played with the thought of making a lib to display a custom title for addon devs at some point.
A unique title would be nice or maybe a special costume for when I am writing addons...

Also my vote is for something more lore friendly. Maybe pretend the UI code is an elder scroll and we are mothpriests for gazing into it?
They prolly wouldn't want Moth Priests running around the game, just like they wouldn't want Psijics (in case they decide to use them in a plotline)...

But, how about "Scribe of Tamriel"?

09/16/15, 06:25 AM   #9
Fyrakin

Well, I'm not a fluff fan, so costumes, pets, titles, emotes do not interest me. Neither do I need any recognition.
While I see no personal gratitude for my effort to make this game better - I see big thanks for it in the game itself. I can still enjoy it.

09/17/15, 03:42 AM   #10
@AlphaLemming

I do not like such "rankings". I mostly write Addons for my own usage because i'am tired to use this terrible gamepad interface in a pc-game. Two of them are now public and i try to keep the quality up. Sometimes a ingame donation comes via mail and i'am happy - thats really nice, because if i'am "playing" i mostly coding instead of making gold pledges or level up to V16.

One thing would be really nice - a triple enlightment for confirmed (and well used) addon-authors to compensate the "lost" playtime.

P.S. A npc with my real name i already found ... in a cave ... and i was quite surprised

Last edited by @AlphaLemming : 09/17/15 at 03:54 AM.

09/17/15, 08:50 AM   #11
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
No promises, but I've put the idea up for discussion.

I would like to say that we are very thankful for all you folks do to make ESO a better game. From maintaining the addons that players rely on, to diagnosing our bugs, and even posting fixes in some cases. Before working on ESO I was an addon author myself, and I've experienced how much effort it takes to keep pace with API changes and user requests. Your effort does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. So stay tuned and we'll see if there's a fair way that we can express this in the future.

09/17/15, 09:26 AM   #12
Wandamey
once again i'm gonna make the party crasher here, although i wouldn't mind any king of recognition existing, a lot of MMO player would do anything to get all titles available including posting fake or stolen addon and/or promoting them everywhere if it came to a number of downloaded criterium to get the title.

Once again, people most rewarded will be the best PR, and everyone else will lose from it. Users, authors and ESOUI moderators.

I don't know how you intend to control that, but it won't be easy to be fair to everyone.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] A little bit of recognition