05/09/14, 09:29 AM   #1
Convalla
Smile WANTED ESO the Audiobook

So as someone that suffers from dyslexia I have found that one of the major issues with ESO is the books. The wonderful wonderful books and letter scattered across the world full of lovely lore.
And I know lots of my friends also likes the lore but finds that the stopping to read disrupts there playing, and lets face it there is a lot of reading to be done in this game.

So I was hoping that someone could perhaps conjure up an addon that reads out the books were you find them, in the way that they do in bioshok that you can press a button and listen to it , perhaps make it a library so that once you find a book you can go back and listen to it again if you like, but that would be frosting on the cake.

Just putting it out there that an addon that reads out the books would be grand.
05/09/14, 03:23 PM   #2
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey,
there is no text to speech functionality in the game API. But I just made a simple addon that allows you to copy a book content into the windows clipboard. Then you can paste it into some text reader. I hope it will be useful to you. Here is the addon: Harven's Book Copy

EDIT:
There are some applications that can listen to the clipboard changes and read the clipboard content. This way you don't have to alt+tab to paste the text. This one http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplettsreader/ for example.

Last edited by Harven : 05/09/14 at 04:01 PM.
05/13/14, 10:19 AM   #3
Edda

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are asking something that is obviously not programmation related / aka something that an addon author would be able to do - unless you want to hear your books in a bot-voice like Harven suggested but there again third party software is necessary when it comes to 'hearing' the books.

Obviously Zenimax didn't create voice over books - so - your only option here is to find a nice add-on author that reads and registers every book in Tamriel with his own voice and then upload the crap in a giga-sized addon that ESOUI wouldn't allow anyways

Not wanting to sound depressing here tho lol

If Zenimax actually did voice their books over then I guess it *could* have been possible to pop that voice over again when you access a book you found in your library.

The only leftover option is to paste book texts in a text-reader bot

*edit* playing own audio files is not even allowed yet.

Last edited by Edda : 05/14/14 at 05:41 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » WANTED ESO the Audiobook