05/17/14, 06:32 AM   #1
Morwo

Trait-Check request via chat/addon?

Hi there,

i'm looking for an addon with a function like this: a non addon user wispers a addon user by keyword, begining a traitconversation with that addon automaticly. the addon send tells about researched traits on equipment, maybe a Tipping note.

there was a long time ago an addon fpr World of Warcraft called Gem. one have to chat !Gem in whisper. that was close before crafterbooks can be linked back in BC.

i found a similar but way to complicated addon doing sort of this. Guild Research
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...hedtraits.html
05/17/14, 10:29 AM   #2
Wobin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a note: Currently there's no way to automatically message people. The best it could do is populate the chatwindow with the message, and you'd have to hit enter to send it.

Not sure that's really feasible behaviour, as you might be in the middle of something, and having the chat window suddenly take focus....
05/17/14, 10:35 AM   #3
StealthStalker
I remember reading some addon devs considering the use of in-game mail to possibly have communication between addons. Is that something that's possible?

Send a mail to someone asking about what traits they have, auto send back a list.
05/17/14, 11:08 AM   #4
Wobin

As far as I understand it, the user has to open the mailbox before any auto mailing can occur, like with Wykkyd's mail bouncer.

Aside from that, probably quite feasible.
05/17/14, 12:18 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Right. The addon user would have to open the mailbox for the addon to view the mail before it can send any response. Then the other person would have to open their mailbox to see the response.

That said, this means that the person using the addon does not have to be online for the other person to ask their question...
05/17/14, 01:40 PM   #6
Morwo

thanks for lighten up that kind of situation about this.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Trait-Check request via chat/addon?