04/21/14, 07:54 AM   #1
Vicster0

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alerting...

Has anyone played around with ZO_Alert yet?

Lua Code:
  1. function ZO_Alert(category, soundId, message, ...)

Just curious...

04/21/14, 08:50 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yep. I'm not at my computer at the moment, so I don't recall what I use for category. You may try using something made up to see if it works... Sound will be a sound id, and then your message string. It also accepts color coded in the string via the escape sequences.
04/21/14, 08:52 AM   #3
Biki
I've used it in my achievement tracker. It's very handy, especially because of the built-in queue system that shows message one after another.

Lua Code:
  1. ZO_Alert(UI_ALERT_CATEGORY_ALERT, SOUNDS.DEFAULT_CLICK, "Achievement |cFF4136" .. name .. "|r completed.")
04/21/14, 09:11 AM   #4
Vicster0

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yep. I'm not at my computer at the moment, so I don't recall what I use for category. You may try using something made up to see if it works... Sound will be a sound id, and then your message string. It also accepts color coded in the string via the escape sequences.
Ahhh, cool. I think I have a table of categories but I'm not sure if posting that would be pushing it... (also not entirely sure if it's accuracy as its source is somewhat old.)

Originally Posted by Biki View Post
I've used it in my achievement tracker. It's very handy, especially because of the built-in queue system that shows message one after another.

Lua Code:
  1. ZO_Alert(UI_ALERT_CATEGORY_ALERT, SOUNDS.DEFAULT_CLICK, "Achievement |cFF4136" .. name .. "|r completed.")
Very cool! Thanks for the example. I think I'm going to play around with it but I'm at work right now so it'll have to wait.

Question though; are these alerts the one's that show in the top right of the screen when you take a screen shot for instance? Or are they like the GM/server alerts that show in the middle when they are shutting down the servers?

As always, thanks guys!
04/21/14, 09:19 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Top right frame
04/21/14, 09:30 AM   #6
Vicster0

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Top right frame
Awesome, thanks!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Alerting...