11/07/14, 10:43 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bug Hunt

Edit: No longer valid
I never did find anything wrong, but I was informed by the users that one updated some other addons and one installed Garkins Update 5 Compatability Tool and that solved their problems. JunkIt does not use any of those functions in Garkins Compatability Tool, so I don't know why my addon was showing up with an error in the log, but I think the problem was being caused by some other addon.

Last edited by circonian : 11/07/14 at 09:58 PM.
11/07/14, 10:55 AM   #2
Ayantir

Maybe an infinite loop? I had game crashes when i was trying to debug some addons which redefine core functions
Think, you'll need to play a bit with thoses addons, reproducing bug is always a good start .
11/07/14, 11:02 AM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Maybe an infinite loop? I had game crashes when i was trying to debug some addons which redefine core functions
Think, you'll need to play a bit with thoses addons, reproducing bug is always a good start .
Yeah, thank you for the advice. I tried for about 6 hours last night and no luck.
11/07/14, 09:54 PM   #4
Sasky
If the one user can reliably reproduce, have them throw some debug output before that one line.

It's from a non-existant value within one table (not sure which). You could set the metatables on everything within there to catch the NIL error, then return some safe default value and/or print debug info. Here's rough code of it (untested):

Warning: Spoiler

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Bug Hunt