08/20/23, 11:04 PM   #1
kyllym
Master Merchant crash the game

Im used Master Merchan addon last month, after last servers problem MM starts crash my game, im see only that

https://i.imgur.com/giln0uz.jpg

if im turn off MM i se that info

https://i.imgur.com/oHmlitX.png.

Couple days beafore servers crash it was work perfectly. Im reinstal, delete all adons and still same problem.
08/21/23, 01:00 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Without the log file requested in the MM sticky post (the comments are closed but they are still there to read) then I don't know what errors you have or what to suggest. Please provide the log file first.
08/21/23, 03:02 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please also read here, maybe the same issue as "server crash" might have destroyed/damaged your SavedVariables of MM too:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10667
08/22/23, 05:03 AM   #4
BoarGules

Where is this MM sticky post?

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Without the log file requested in the MM sticky post (the comments are closed but they are still there to read) then I don't know what errors you have or what to suggest. Please provide the log file first.
I'd like to report a bug and I am quite happy to provide whatever diagnostics you will find useful. But I don't know where to find this "MM sticky post". Posted where? There isn't even a link to it.

I think it would be helpful if you could put its contents in the Master Merchant documentation.
08/22/23, 05:06 AM   #5
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by BoarGules View Post
But I don't know where to find this "MM sticky post". Posted where? There isn't even a link to it.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
08/22/23, 05:41 AM   #6
Sharlikran

I'd like to report a bug and I am quite happy to provide whatever diagnostics you will find useful. But I don't know where to find this "MM sticky post". Posted where? There isn't even a link to it.

I think it would be helpful if you could put its contents in the Master Merchant documentation.
There may not be a link to the sticky post on the MM description page because it is in the comments section and there is a button for that. You can still view the sticky post and read previous comments but the comments are closed for reasons the site admins and I have yet to resolve. Masteroshi430 provided a link to the comments but you can post in Addon Help and Support.

None the less before you report anything it would be best to update to MM 3.7.75 because the issue may have been resolved already. There is a notice in the sticky about something I found recently and something I ended up causing trying to optimize the initialization process to reduce the the stutter on startup.

With the new version it will notify you of any potential issues and prompt you to reset the data or cancel and restore a backup. You do have to exit the game or log out to restore backup files.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/22/23 at 06:37 AM.
08/22/23, 07:07 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod

This green surrounded forum sticky post describes how to post bugs in general.
Sticky posts normally show above the forum you currently are in.

It leads you to the "addon comments".
To get to the addon comments use the "addon search" and find the addon you need help with, and then you will see the description page which often contains FAQ and other info + help links.
Read it, and afterwards switch to the "Comments" page there to see the addon comments.

In general those addon comments are the best way to start getting help, as they are directly addon related, and not an open forum.
You will find other users asking the same and maybe providing help and fixes too.
-> As Master Merchant comments are currently closed you cannot post there, but reading works.

The devs see comments and questions more easily, related and they often provide info for repeating errors, and ways to resolve it there too.
This will be provided as "sticky comment" of the addon author at these comments top section too (and/or at the addon description page).

Masteroshi already posted you the link to the MM addon comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
-> The sticky comment is the 1st one by Sharlikran, at the top, surrounded by the red rectangle.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/22/23 at 07:13 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant crash the game