Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02/22/15, 10:25 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assert KeybindStrip Bug

I was trying to track down a bug someone posted that I thought could possibly be caused by JunkIt, but now I'm not so sure. I found this bug that I am able to reproduce every try without any addons running.

So I prehooked the AddKeybindButton to see what it was doing, which button was causing the error (which button was failing to be removed):

It changes everytime, its not always the same button. Here it looks like its trying to add a keybind for UI_SHORTCUT_TERTIARY, but it already exists:

From reports it was very random, although I did managed to figure out a way to reproduce it.
WITHOUT ANY ADDONS: I was able to reproduce this every time with the following method:

The stack traceback for the error I reproduced is not the same as the reports I saw, but I think its the same problem. There is probably just more than one way to reproduce it.
Reports:

Since I can reproduce a very similar error (just a different stack traceback) without any addons I'm guessing its the same bug in the game. Before I waste any more time looking into this I thought I'de ask, what do you think?

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:06 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Assert KeybindStrip Bug