01/31/15, 07:08 PM   #1
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
detect current position at leaderboard?

i mean i know if we are in top 10% of the all players of the Home Campaign - we will get gold items as a reward

is it possible to detect when we are in this 10% and when we not?
like if we IN addon will change the color of this thing on the creen, or whatever

02/01/15, 02:14 AM   #2
circonian
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
i mean i know if we are in top 10% of the all players of the Home Campaign - we will get gold items as a reward
is it possible to detect when we are in this 10% and when we not?
like if we IN addon will change the color of this thing on the creen, or whatever
I have no clue how campaigns work. I looked around & don't see any API for that.
There is some API to get your player Rank & the max Rank, but the only in-game data lists I could find for rankings capped the max Rank at 100.
Theres API to get the number of leaderboard entries, but that kept returning 100 to me as well so I guess its capped too. Or maybe it had something to do with the specific campaign I was on? I don't know enough (anything) about campaigns.

Unless you can get the number of players you can't calculate if your in the top 10% or not...however are you sure thats how it works? If they reward the top 10% I would have thought they would cap the rankings at that 10% instead of 100. Maybe its just if you make it in the top 100 you get a reward ?? I have no clue I'm guessing. If so though, then it would be possible.
02/01/15, 05:26 AM   #3
merlight
There's is currently no way to find whether you're in top X% once there are 100 positions filled. The only way you can get an approximate number of players in a campaign is Home there with an alt, go repair a wall, then back to base and wait till leaderboards are updated, with ~30 points you'll certainly be near the bottom.
02/01/15, 06:00 AM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
There's is currently no way to find whether you're in top X% once there are 100 positions filled. The only way you can get an approximate number of players in a campaign is Home there with an alt, go repair a wall, then back to base and wait till leaderboards are updated, with ~30 points you'll certainly be near the bottom.
nice trick! thx

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » detect current position at leaderboard?