Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04/01/14, 04:18 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
/sigh There's already a site ...

... rehosting addons without permission.

I thought we might actually get longer than a few weeks before one of these sites showed up, but I thought wrong.

ESOcore is the name of the site. (I can't give you a direct link, we've got the domain censored on our site.) That site just lists, and lets you search for, whatever addon you're looking for. If they 'have it on their site', it directs you to the uploaded file on FileSnack, which is part of SnackTools.

Now, clicking on the 'contact us' button on ESOcore does, literally, nothing. However, FileSnack, via SnackTools, does have a page about Copyright Infringement on their site, complete with an on-line DMCA take-down form. This should be your first step.

Next, we know that their host is Hostinger (thanks Wykkyd!) I'll get you their contact information (if I can) and post it shortly.

After that, we'd go to the ISP. Still need to figure out who they are.

Failing all of those, the next step would be to talk to the good folks at GoDaddy, since they (GoDaddy) are who they (ESOcore) registered with. That information is here. Also, while the email address of the person(s) running ESOcore isn't currently shown on the Whois, it was previously, we know what it was and can provide that information to anyone that needs it. The relevant page you would need to go to on GoDaddy to get the process rolling with them is here.

A partial list of addons currently on there includes, but is not limited to, the following:
  • ESOTheater
  • Kill log
  • Slightly Improved Attribute Bars
  • SlowDialogs
  • WarLegend Raid Frame
  • Wykkyd's Framework (and in fact, all of Wykkyd's stuff)
  • ZAM BuffDisplay (all of ours, actually, and the reason we know they are ignoring copyright, even before hearing about them from others)
  • and more - do a search for your addon's name to see if it comes up on there

As I get more info, I'll pass it along to you guys.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04/01/14 at 04:35 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » /sigh There's already a site ...