Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04/28/14, 01:36 AM   #1
arkemiffo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
XML Noob begging for assistance.

Hello.

I'm about to make my first addon for ESO (for any game at all for that matters).
It's a simple thing that takes up to 3 wanted potion effects and spits out all the possible combinations for those effects. The lua script is done, and working in text format at the moment (the wanted effects are hardcoded at the moment into a table and in the end it prints out the final result table of all combinations).

What I need now is some help to get me started on the GUI for the addon, and how to connect the GUI to the lua script. I've understood as much as I have events that I have to bind in my script, and use in the XML file for different controls, but that's just about as far as I have got. I've tried to look at other addons to learn myself, but they are far above my head at the moment. Is there somewhere where the XML is explained from a beginner level and up?

All I would like is to have 3 dropdowns, one for each wanted effect, and a result frame where the text is being presented (this would be good enough for now anyway, linking items and such comes later).

All help appreciated.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » XML Noob begging for assistance.