05/18/14, 12:20 AM   #1
GorkTehDork
Unhappy Too many addons :( Server disconnects me when I login to character

I love mods/addons. Have quite a few and it seems I have a bit *too* many I get booted to the login screen when I try to login to a character and I get the message "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again." *Sigh* If I disable them all I have no issue so I've pruned down my addons but I'm still getting this error. Was thinking maybe a specific addon was causing the issue but so far haven't been able to find it.

This is a long shot but does anyone have any ideas? I'm using the "most downloaded" addons so does anyone know of an issue with any of those?
05/18/14, 12:25 AM   #2
awesomebilly
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete all of your saved variables

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables all files in here.

If you still can't login, list your addons.

If you have Luminary Trade History sales, deleted the saved var and update the addon
05/18/14, 12:37 AM   #3
GorkTehDork
Thumbs up Yay

Thank you so much Billy! I tried Trade Sale History first but no dice. So I removed all the variables from the folder and that worked. You're a lifesaver! Thanks again!!
05/18/14, 12:42 AM   #4
GorkTehDork
Talking

P.S. just realized you're making the "luminary" addons...keep up the good work! Huge fan!
05/18/14, 12:58 AM   #5
GorkTehDork
P.P.S for those that experience this I was able to figure out it was Esohead's variable. It became disproportionately large compared to the other variables (11,921 KB) so I was able to keep the other variables after deleting that one. Didn't have to redo all the settings
05/18/14, 06:05 AM   #6
Vaaco
I also had this problem and on deleting my addons all was well so I looked into it a bit more deeply. I realised that Minion was defaulting the installs to the liveeu folder even though I changed it in the options to liveeu\AddOns.

After checking the properties of the folder the cause was that it had been made "read only" therefore no updates were happening. It seems this happens every time I load Minion as the folder resets so I am now manually changing it every time I want to start the game and completely re-installing my addons as I go. So if the AwesomeBilly cure doesn't work, try this
05/18/14, 02:59 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Once you upload your ESOhead saved variables to the website, you can delete the saved variables file if you like.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Too many addons :( Server disconnects me when I login to character