08/13/23, 05:02 PM   #1
Plainnpretty
Keep getting OneDrive Add On folder when One Drive off

My add ons messed up and I found that One Drive was turned on. I turned it off and actually wiped my whole drive and reloaded. I did not have any issues but suddenly Dolgubons lazy Writ crafter keeps saying out of date. I had the latest download with the new bar for days working fine then one day this. I downloaded directly from ESOUI and followed instructions, and also tried updating in Minion. I find that I have two different eso files one that says OneDrive and one that does not. I tried copying the new download to both folders and still am out of date.
I am on Steam and tried doing a Steam repair. Am stuck and would appreciate any direction.
08/13/23, 07:27 PM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Google how to use the Registry Editor to disable OneDrive and edit your default user folder locations (change all info that points to OneDrive folders to regular settings. Eg; c:\user\blahblah\Documents rather than c:\onedrive\documents.

It’s what i had to do even after i uninstalled and disabled onedrive. It refused to stay completely off my system. Freaking hate OneDrive.
08/13/23, 07:29 PM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Can’t edit last comment while using my phone….

You’ll need to use the Registry Editor to fix the folder locations. Just wanted to clarify that.
08/14/23, 03:14 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Use the screenshot trick ingame to find out where exactly ESO thinks your addons must be!
It is described here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
-> "In addition you can login, take a screenshot via they screenshot keybind and watch the text written at the top right corner of the screen."

Sometimes Windows patches or OneDrive disable/enable makes ESO go mad about it's live/AddOns folder.
All of sudden it is not anymore in c:\users\...\document\Elder Scrolls Online but c:\users\...\AppData\local or whatever

And I have not found out yet how to fix ESO to use the correct folder again
What you need to do after you find out which folder the screenshot shows you:
Move your addons into the folder AddOns (1 level above the /Screenshots folder) and update them there, as ESO will only search in there now
Same for your SavedVariables! Copy them over there too).

e.g. if the screenshot shows you your exected ESO folder for addons etc. now is

c:\users\...\whatever\Screenshots
You need to copy the files and folders from your old ESO folder
c:\users\...\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
(e.g. /AddOns and /SavedVariables and the files UserSettings.txt and AddOnSettings.txt) there.
08/14/23, 11:26 AM   #5
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While a reg edit could resolve the issue if you are not comfortable with that I have some screenshots in my MM documentation. You don't need MM to try these steps to prevent OneDrive from trying to backup your documents folder on the cloud. I don't have windows 10 so I pieced this together from a conversation I had where the user and I were able to disable the backing up the documents folder. If you can accomplish that as well that should get you to a point where you can then determine where the game is looking for your mods, such as the Documents folder, and then configure minion to use the proper location so you can reinstall mods again.

Documentation: https://esouimods.github.io/3-master....html#OneDrive

Out of date: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295

Out of date is 100% meaningless and useless unless you understand the context and programming of Lua mods.

So don't focus on the Out of date message, rather determine whether or not the game is looking for mods in your Documents folder and minion is installing them in the wrong location. That's what you should focus on first.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Keep getting OneDrive Add On folder when One Drive off