05/17/14, 09:33 AM   #1
GianBal
[Request] Ability Cooldowns

Yes, you've read that right!

I'd like to ask if somebody is willing to make an addon that can set a cooldown on certain abilities (at best) or buttons. I have no idea how something like this can be done, nor if it can be done.

There would be numerous applications for this I can think of, but the most apparent I would wanna use it for is Immovable in pvp. If it would have say a 7.5sec cd I could use it in my standard razer macro for attacking and no longer care, which would be a pretty large boon in pvp.

Any ideas on this anybody?
05/17/14, 12:27 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by GianBal View Post
I could use it in my standard razer macro for attacking and no longer care, which would be a pretty large boon in pvp.
I'm pretty sure that ZOS would be very against this. This is probably why there's no way to create a cooldown for abilities.
05/17/14, 01:11 PM   #3
GianBal
Are you certain there isn't?

05/17/14, 02:28 PM   #4
Tonyleila

FTC shows how long Immovable is active in the buff display:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...calCombat.html

RechargeCounter shows how long it need untill you can use it again if you have no more stamina.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...geCounter.html
05/17/14, 06:33 PM   #5
GianBal
Thx for the info, I have and use it allready. My goal here is not information or better the lack of same, but basically age.

In the middle of things it is not the info to use it I need. I am simply either too slow or too carried away with bombing people to realize it.

Now if it would have a cd of some kind, I could simply use it in the very same macro that binds my main ability to a light attack. Since I'm a NB on one or another morph of Siphon Strikes and basically don't use stamina for anything but Immovable, it would simply be up and running whenever I attack, like always.

That is basically what I'm up to here.

So ahopefully more simple question: Can this be done one way or another? Since I have absolutly no clue on the API whatsoever, I wouldn't know.

Actually if there is a good chance it might work, I might actually invest the undoubtfully very long time to get an idea, and try it myself.

If the API can't do it, I'll have to rely on a 3rd party program for a solution, possibly something based on visuals. But that takes alot of performance and will affect the gameplay otherwise ( I allready tried it with some success), so an addon of some sort is far preferable.

Anyhow, it is what I need the most, so I will have to find a solution somehow.

Long terms short: I need a way to prevent "1" to be pressed for 7.x seconds after "1" has been pressed. Can the API do that?

Last edited by GianBal : 05/17/14 at 07:19 PM.
05/17/14, 10:01 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm pretty sure that ZOS would be very against this. This is probably why there's no way to create a cooldown for abilities.
I already gave you your answer. If you look to 3rd party software to do what you seek, you may be going down a road that includes being banned for botting.
05/18/14, 04:18 AM   #7
GianBal
Actually I had hoped mine would be án easy request

Thx anyways guys.
05/18/14, 08:06 AM   #8
Tonyleila

So what you want is this:
05/18/14, 04:54 PM   #9
GianBal
Not exactly, the standard razer software could actually do that, but its close...

In my fantasy syntax I would want something like

keypress "q" = ActivateAbility (Immovable)
delay 7.6 secs

The point is to have q in the razormacro for the standard attack button while preventing it from beeing fired 3 times a second...

I tried to read myself into the API stuff, but it turned out I'm not ment to write addons. So I ended up in this thread :P

Pixel-detection is the only solution I could actually pull off myself, and it seems it is the only one then

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Ability Cooldowns