11/07/23, 01:18 PM   #1
iccohen
Bonanza Errors

Installed MasterMerchant along with any required dependencies. There are no errors from the install until I right-click an Item (in the example below a Blood Billows) and choose the Bonanaza option.

I then receive the following error:

Error Caught
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:43: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:43: in function 'ZO_Scene:AddFragment'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{name = "mailInbox", restoresHUDSceneToggleUIMode = F, state = "hidden", restoresHUDSceneToggleGameMenu = F, disallowEvaluateTransitionCompleteCount = 0}, fragment = [table:2]{} </Locals>
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:3169: in function 'MasterMerchant:SwitchToMasterMerchantListingsView'
<Locals> self = [table:3]{tradingHouseOpened = F, guildSalesViewMode = "guild_vm", isFirstScan = F, AwesomeGuildStoreDetected = F, gamepadVendorSceneRefreshed = F, customTimeframeText = "90 Days", itemsViewSize = "items_vs", listingsViewSize = "listings_vs", version = "3.7.83", effective_lang = "en", listingsViewMode = "listings_vm", reportsPostedViewMode = "posted_vm", tradingHouseBrowseMarkerHooked = T, personalSalesViewMode = "self_vm", inventoryMarkersHooked = T, guildList = "Master of Chaos, Band of Elder...", bonanzaSearchText = "Blood Billows", purchasesViewSize = "purchases_vs", viewer = F, purchasesViewMode = "purchases_vm", client_lang = "en", salesViewMode = "self_vm", guildsViewSize = "guild_vs", supported_lang = T, reportsCanceledViewMode = "canceled_vm", reportsViewMode = "posted_vm", wwDetected = F, name = "MasterMerchant", mwimDetected = F, isInitialized = F, reportsViewSize = "reports_vs"}, listingsView = F, isHidden = T, theFragment = [table:4]{} </Locals>
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:1191: in function 'MasterMerchant:OnSearchBonanzaPopupInfoLink'
<Locals> self = [table:3], itemLink = "|H0:item:132506:4:1:0:0:0:0:0:...", searchText = "Blood Billows" </Locals>
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:1426: in function 'OnSelect'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ContextMenus/ZO_ContextMenus.lua:475: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem'
<Locals> control = ud, button = 1, menuEntry = [table:5]{itemYPad = 0} </Locals>
ZO_MenuItem1_MouseUp:4: in function '(main chunk)'
<Locals> self = ud, button = 1, upInside = T, ctrl = F, alt = F, shift = F, command = F </Locals>

I've read up on some "fixes", including deleting a potential corrupted MM, resetting LibGuildStore, etcd. but none have worked.

I'm frustrated because I know it's an easy fix, I just don't know what it is...

Cheers!

-iccohen
11/07/23, 03:20 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is fairly thorough, you right click the item, but from where though your inventory or the Craft Bag?

I can try to see if I can reproduce it but as mentioned in the MM sticky post I need you to use the slash commands indicated, reload the UI, then reproduce the error, then reload the UI to save the log file, then provide the link. All the steps are in the MM comments section in the sticky post.
11/07/23, 03:43 PM   #3
iccohen
Hope this is what you need

1. I did a right-click directly from my Inventory
2. Added DebugLogViewer & LibDebugLogger (and any dependencies); however, when I went to Settings > Debug Settings ESO said they were not available, check back later (still displayed message after closing down and re-opening
3. Found LibDebugLogger.dua file and saved as XML (enclosed)
4. Also enclosed dua file
6. Ran Minion again
5. I read through the report errors sticky, and tried to provide as much info as possible, hope it helps.

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: xml LibDebugLogger.xml (627.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: lua DebugLogViewer.lua (3.7 KB, 161 views)
11/07/23, 05:51 PM   #4
Sharlikran

Thanks for the attached files but that's not what I was looking for. What I needed is way more simple than that. Read the sticky again and then watch the video. The link is from the website. The video even shows clicking the button t copy paste the link.

I did test this just on a item in my inventory that is considered treasure the same as what you were using. I didn't have the error so I'm not sure I can figure this out.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/23 at 07:25 PM.
11/07/23, 07:43 PM   #5
Sharlikran

All I was looking for was: https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/1Cd9i4 a link like that. You can click that to see an example.

Then I thought I'd just drag and drop your file that you attached until I saw it was the DebugLogViewer.lua not the LibDebugLogger.lua from saved variables.

The xml has some info but not what I'm looking for. Thanks so far. Just read the MM sticky post again and watch the video and then provide the link like I show above.

If that gets a bit frustrating and you want a break that's fine you can do the following but I still need that link eventually.

1. Disable all mods including bug catcher but MM and it's requirements.
2. Search Bonanza for an item in your inventory from the right click menu

If it works then start enabling mods until it breaks.

If it doesn't work with all the mods disabled then try reinstalling MM and then use the Reset LibGuildStore feature from the LibGuildStore menu.

However, I can't reproduce it.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/23 at 08:06 PM.
11/07/23, 08:19 PM   #6
iccohen
Is that what you are referring to? (Sid's Secret Lab) https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/WY0XDv

I cannot find any videos on the Troubleshooting&HowTo: AddOn install/find, Read & report lua errors, keybind issues sticky
11/07/23, 08:26 PM   #7
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by iccohen View Post
I cannot find any videos on the Troubleshooting&HowTo: AddOn install/find, Read & report lua errors, keybind issues sticky
Because you are reading the ESOUI forum sticky post with that title. I keep saying to read the MM sticky post. MM stands for Master Merchant. What I am telling you is to go to the MM comments section and read the sticky post from there, not the ESOUI forums post.

For you and other readers

Remember that each mod has it's own comments section and description page.

Some examples:

MM Description page: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...rchant3.0.html
MM Comments Section: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

For some reason users seem to forget those exist for each mod. If it wasn't for unresolved user behavior issues I would open the MM comments. The MM comments are closed so posting here is acceptable and you won't be reminded to post in the mods comments section first.

However, normally you would not post in the forums and instead you would report your issue directly to the mod's comments section.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/08/23 at 06:40 AM.
11/07/23, 08:29 PM   #8
Sharlikran

Is that what you are referring to? (Sid's Secret Lab) https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/WY0XDv

That is what I am referring to but you really might want to read the MM sticky post. Because when I go to that link it says n/a as if it's a new file with nothing in it. When I click the sessions tab there is also nothing.

The only thing about the video is it might not show all the steps. I made it for a french person to watch even though they don't speak English. So I forget all I show in the video. So read the MM sticky post (again not the ESOUI forums posts) and be sure you do all the steps. Because that link basically gave me a blank log file.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/23 at 08:33 PM.
11/07/23, 08:33 PM   #9
Sharlikran

You did create the proper link this time though. So just follow the MM sticky post steps and then provide a new link. The MM sticky post has about 8 steps in it under the section "Reporting Errors" and multiple UI reloads because that's how the log file gets updated and saved.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/23 at 08:46 PM.
11/08/23, 07:47 AM   #10
iccohen
OK I finally folowed directions

Found the sticky post were talking about, and I followed the directions. The link should be what you wanted from me in the first place. Hopefully you can figure it out!

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/Rm96JZ

Cheers,

iccohen
11/08/23, 10:56 AM   #11
Sharlikran

Found the sticky post were talking about, and I followed the directions. The link should be what you wanted from me in the first place. Hopefully you can figure it out!
As I mentioned I could not reproduce it so you will have to try some things on your end. At least I have something to look at now and if something stands out I can make the suggestion.
11/08/23, 11:02 AM   #12
iccohen
Thanks for your help

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. If I figure it out I will of course let you know on this thread.
11/08/23, 01:28 PM   #13
Sharlikran

@iccohen

Since I have the full log I can see there is an additional error prior to the one you reported.

user:/AddOns/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:325: function expected instead of nil

Then

/EsoUI/PregameAndIngame/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:65: attempt to index a nil value

This is important because the line 325 in the current version is the word "end" so that can't be. You have install issues and should reinstall MM.

In case you do this, don't keep any backup folders of mods in your Addons folder at all or any zip files. It will really mess things up. Keep all backups and zip files outside of the Addons folder in a completely different folder. Not a folder in Addons but a folder, completely outside the Addons folder.

Then if I keep reading that leads down to: user:/AddOns/BugEater-1.0-R10_Update4/BugEater/libs/LibAddonMenu-1.0/LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua:48: in function 'lam:AddHeader'

/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:43: function expected instead of nil

that is above

user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:3169: in function 'MasterMerchant:SwitchToMasterMerchantListingsView'

All that is what prompted you to contact me.

However, I can now see your situation is because you use mods, like most users, that you should not use, at all, period. Like mods with LibAddonMenu-1.0. So that's on you and I understand it's accidental. BugEater may be the only program you are using with embedded libraries. So how it's causing such an issue is interesting.

My recomendation is to get rid of BugEater first of all. Just don't have it at all. The idea with Lua errors is if you have one, then you have an error. You report it and uninstall that mod until it is fixed. Not just let it keep running. Lua is a top down script so anything after the line that has the error may not run depending on the type of error. In the errors above they mention that a function is expected and that function can't be found because the error is "prior to" or "higher up" in the file so the script won't be read any further. Which is why the function can't be found even though the code is there because it's after the line with the error.

If you have any other mods with embeded libraries and LibStub it's just going to cause issues. I dislike that LWC has them but if that is the only mod you have that uses LibStub you will probably be fine. BugEater is so outdated and it has LibAddonMenu-1.0 that I'm suppriced the game runs at all.

Get rid of BugEater and then reinstall the rest of your mods. Meaning start at the top in Minion and resintall one mod at a time by using the right click and choose reinstall.

Then if you have more Lua errors just uninstall the mod. It's not working, and there is nothing you can do about that. Using BugEater to supress the message does nothing for you it's still broken.

If you use a mod like USPF and it has an Lua error (your may not and this is just an example) there are possibly, 5 versions now. So you have to be more diligent and get the newest version.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/08/23 at 05:24 PM.
11/08/23, 06:12 PM   #14
iccohen
Good News

Per your suggestion, I uninstalled BugEater.

I also disabled LibStub (didn't uninstall yet), and reinstalled the Addons in Minion.

I then went in and the Bonanaza is now displaying when I right-click in inventory. Fshizzle!

Still getting some strange errors, but I will be able to work with them by using Sid's Secret Lab to kind of pinpoint them, i.e. still seeing the "function expected instead of nil" errors. But I will disable them one at a time til the error(s) go away. When I figure out which one(s) is/are the culprit(s) I will post it here.

Thanks again!
11/08/23, 07:52 PM   #15
Sharlikran

As much as I dislike LibStub, it is still required for Dolgubon's mods. There is nothing wrong with them. The only issue is that when users load older mods like you had with LibAddonMenu-1.0 for example, then that's when LibStub causes issues because it will try to load that in addition to LibAddonMenu-2.0. Then there are conflicts.

I am glad you are trying to do this yourself. However, the errors do imply you may have game install issues if not other serious Lua conflicts because of older mods. If you would load all your mods with LibStub and without BugEater installed like you have it, then I will look again. I might see other errors that are more simple to address then you trying on your own.

Plus it will be more learning for you because some mods just need some lines changed for example.

Changing

local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

to

local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/08/23 at 07:59 PM.
11/09/23, 01:37 AM   #16
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Info about LibStub removal, libraries in subfolders, hardcoded called by the addons txt file, and maybe causing errors because of that can also be found here:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
11/09/23, 09:47 AM   #17
iccohen
Updated URL post Bug Eater removal

Sharlikran thanks for the offer of checking out this latest and greatest: https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/UtZ34e

Also Baertram, thanks for the link. I gave it a once-over but will need to read it again, as my work is interfering with my gaming social life. But I might wait to see if Sharlikran has some suggestions based on the above link.

I'm confused about it because AddOn Manager shows dependencies (e.g. LibTreasure) as not being installed when I have confirmed that they are installed.

The game runs fine except in a couple of instances (inside Mara's Inn in Vulkhel Guard, and somewhere outside in Southpoint) where it did a "tunnel vision" where sides of the screen were blurry, and couldn't access any functions via ESC or menus (i.e. by clicking I for Inventory). In these instances I had to shutdown from Windows Desktop; went back in and nothing was lost and picked up where I left off.

Thanks again both of you...
11/09/23, 11:18 AM   #18
Sharlikran

I understand work takes priority but with your errors I need something. Open Minion and look at the 4 buttons: Installed, Find More, Backup, and Options. Click Options and it should sow a Path, but don't change it.

For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\STEAM\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\AddOn

Either get me a screenshot or copy paste the entire path. I want to know what it is please. It should be different than what I copied, but ignore that just copy paste what is showing for you.
11/09/23, 11:25 AM   #19
iccohen
File Path from Minion

C:\Users\iccoh\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

(Above path displayed when selected Options)
11/09/23, 02:01 PM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
OneDrive is known to interfere with ESO if you backup your documents folder to it!
ESO stores SavedVariables and addons in your user's documents folder too.
I recommend to disable OneDrive or at least the documents backup setting in OneDrive and test if this fixes the missing dependencies (although they are installed).

If not:
Take a screenshot ingame via the screenshot key (see controls) and at the top right, as you take the screenshot, it writes a foldername. E.g. C:\users\...\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots
The folder above "Screenshots" (live) should contain an AddOns folder then and your addons and libraries must be placed in there!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Bonanza Errors