ZAM's Minion, currently in open beta, is a new AddOn manager optimized for use with ESO. Install, update & manage AddOns... Learn more!
Download
(33 Kb)
Download
Updated: 08/05/14 10:05 PM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Update 3 (1.3.3)
Veteran Crypt of Hearts (1.2.3)
Craglorn (1.1)
Live (1.0)
Updated:08/05/14 10:05 PM
Created:03/17/14 06:06 PM
Downloads:109,006
Favorites:325
MD5:
Categories:Character Advancement, Info, Plug-in Bars
1.3.3
Slightly Improved Experience Bar  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 2.11
by: L8Knight [More]
The goal of this addon is to gently improve the experience bar without taking too much away from its original design or intent. This slight improvement adds three things to the default experience bar:

Features
  1. Adds actual experience numbers and/or a progress percentage value above the experience bar. The default configuration is to show both.
  2. Prevents the experience bar from automatically hiding after changing back to the normal game view. The transparency value is configurable.
  3. Temporarily shows the amount of experience gained below the experience bar. The duration of this is configurable.

My other addons:

Slightly Improved Attribute Bars
Inventory Space Display
Version 2.11
* Updated API version number

Version 2.10
* Updated optional dependencies in manifest file
* Fixed compatibility issue with Azurah

Version 2.9
* Fixed veteran disappearing bug

Version 2.8
* Temporary fix for the disappearing veteran progress bar bug

Version 2.7
* Added option to move the text label below the experience bar (should help with those at veteran rank)
* Attempt to fix the disappearing bar upon XP gain
* KNOWN ISSUE: The alpha transparency no longer works

Version 2.6
* Fixed the issue where the experience bar would not always stay displayed

Version 2.5
* Bug fix for LibAddonMenu bug

Version 2.4
* A few bug fixes for new API changes

Version 2.3
* Updated to LibAddonMenu-2.0
* Added compatibility for LightWeightMinimap

Version 2.2
* Transparency value is now properly reset after hiding bar

Version 2.1
* Updated API version for 1.1.2
* Fixed regular experience display at level 50

Version 2.0
* Removed hidden window OnUpdate handler in place of OnHide/OnShow event handlers (should lessen the addon's impact to FPS)
* Add label to show amount of xp gained below the bar

Version 1.6
* Made an attempt at fixing the veteran point display
* Added option to display regular experience even after level 50

Version 1.5
* Added option to always display the experience bar during quest turn-ins

Version 1.4
* Setting transparency slider to 0 will mimic default behavior
* Added experimental support for veteran points to text label

Version 1.3
* Handled the case where UI updates are fired before the addon is initialized

Version 1.2
* Added in-game configuration panel

Version 1.1
* Experience bar now hides when map is displayed and during crafting sessions
* Made OnUpdate handler more efficient

Version 1.0
* Initial version
Optional Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
Type
1.42
2kB
06/25/14 10:51 AM
Addon


Archived Files (18)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
2.10
33kB
L8Knight
07/08/14 10:11 PM
2.9
33kB
L8Knight
07/04/14 08:51 AM
2.8
33kB
L8Knight
07/03/14 09:52 AM
2.7
33kB
L8Knight
06/27/14 08:57 PM
2.6
32kB
L8Knight
06/25/14 10:34 PM
2.5
32kB
L8Knight
06/24/14 10:52 PM
2.4
32kB
L8Knight
06/24/14 09:01 PM
2.3
32kB
L8Knight
06/22/14 10:44 PM
2.2
16kB
L8Knight
06/02/14 07:48 PM
2.1
16kB
L8Knight
05/23/14 05:39 AM
2.0
13kB
L8Knight
04/19/14 02:32 PM
1.6
10kB
L8Knight
04/13/14 06:51 PM
1.5
10kB
L8Knight
04/13/14 09:24 AM
1.4
8kB
L8Knight
04/11/14 08:16 PM
1.3
8kB
L8Knight
04/03/14 06:25 PM
1.2
8kB
L8Knight
04/02/14 10:06 PM
1.1
3kB
L8Knight
03/30/14 09:22 PM
1.0
2kB
L8Knight
03/17/14 06:06 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 08/05/14, 10:07 PM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Re: Experiences and percentages

Originally Posted by Eres
Since V1 the percentage and number experiences are showing below the bar, how do I put it on the upper right side of the bar as it was previously? Can I somehow magickly move it from being it from under the bar on top of it again?
There's an option for this called "Show Label Text Below Bar". If you disable that option it will move the label text above the bar. Options for this addon are under Settings -> Addon Settings -> Experience Bar.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/14, 05:47 PM  
Eres

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 10
Uploads: 0
Experiences and percentages

Hey, I just wanna ask a simple question:

Since V1 the percentage and number experiences are showing below the bar, how do I put it on the upper right side of the bar as it was previously? Can I somehow magickly move it from being it from under the bar on top of it again?

Thanks
Last edited by Eres : 07/30/14 at 05:48 PM.
Eres is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/14, 10:14 PM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Re: Re: Feedback & Co-existing

Originally Posted by Garkin
I haven't tested it yet, but there is possible issue that both addons does the same thing. If Azurah is loaded after SIEB, it will most likely remove progress bar scene fragments from HUD_SCENE and HUD_UI_SCENE, so experience bar will not be visible. The easiest solution is to add optional dependecy on Azurah, so Azurah will be loaded first.

Change SlightlyImprovedExperienceBar.txt line 4 from:
Code:
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0, LibStub
to:
Code:
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 Azurah
For L8Knight:
All commands in addon manifest should be space separated. If your optional dependecy contains commas, it will look for addon named "LibAddonMenu-2.0," instead of "LibAddonMenu-2.0" - i.e. your current optional dependencies does not work.
As for the LibStub - in the library descrition is written "don't set LibStub as OptionalDependsOn", it is not wrong to have it there, but I recommend removing it from dependencies.

EDIT:
I have just tried it and dependency works.
Cool, thanks for checking this out!! I made the changes as suggested and uploaded a new version.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/14, 04:15 PM  
Garkin
 
Garkin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 363
File comments: 435
Uploads: 16
Re: Feedback & Co-existing

Originally Posted by L8Knight
Originally Posted by choekstr
Confirmed to be working great.
Great, thanks for reporting back!
Originally Posted by flynnn
So i just installed the update and it seems to display now, just can't make it trasparent but taht **** is minor! i missed it so much thank you!
I'll add the transparency slider back in a future update. It took one for the team when I updated for the API changes in 1.2.3.
Originally Posted by nemokin
k its Azurah - i dont wanna disable azurah but i do want to use this mod instead of that one for the xp bar - any ideas?
There might be manual updates to Azurah that you might need to check out. See the comments on that mod. Otherwise, its probably that mod setting the alpha transparency value to 0 instead of fully hiding -- that's why the tooltip works when you hover the mouse. If that addon has a setting to use the default experience bar use that and see if it helps. Both addons do approximately the same thing so co-existing might be a bit tricky.
I haven't tested it yet, but there is possible issue that both addons does the same thing. If Azurah is loaded after SIEB, it will most likely remove progress bar scene fragments from HUD_SCENE and HUD_UI_SCENE, so experience bar will not be visible. The easiest solution is to add optional dependecy on Azurah, so Azurah will be loaded first.

Change SlightlyImprovedExperienceBar.txt line 4 from:
Code:
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0, LibStub
to:
Code:
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 Azurah
For L8Knight:
All commands in addon manifest should be space separated. If your optional dependecy contains commas, it will look for addon named "LibAddonMenu-2.0," instead of "LibAddonMenu-2.0" - i.e. your current optional dependencies does not work.
As for the LibStub - in the library descrition is written "don't set LibStub as OptionalDependsOn", it is not wrong to have it there, but I recommend removing it from dependencies.

EDIT:
I have just tried it and dependency works.
Last edited by Garkin : 07/08/14 at 04:59 PM.
Garkin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/14, 08:05 AM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Feedback & Co-existing

Originally Posted by choekstr
Confirmed to be working great.
Great, thanks for reporting back!
Originally Posted by flynnn
So i just installed the update and it seems to display now, just can't make it trasparent but taht **** is minor! i missed it so much thank you!
I'll add the transparency slider back in a future update. It took one for the team when I updated for the API changes in 1.2.3.
Originally Posted by nemokin
k its Azurah - i dont wanna disable azurah but i do want to use this mod instead of that one for the xp bar - any ideas?
There might be manual updates to Azurah that you might need to check out. See the comments on that mod. Otherwise, its probably that mod setting the alpha transparency value to 0 instead of fully hiding -- that's why the tooltip works when you hover the mouse. If that addon has a setting to use the default experience bar use that and see if it helps. Both addons do approximately the same thing so co-existing might be a bit tricky.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/14, 07:10 PM  
flynnn
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 11
Uploads: 1
So i just installed the update and it seems to display now, just can't make it trasparent but taht **** is minor! i missed it so much thank you! i've been trying to learn lua as well as the functions and events with eso so as i get better i'll try and help you out! i fixed chat alerts but yours was too hard core for what i know (haven't looked into .xml yet)


//EDIT

o yeah and that's with Azurah but in azurah i had to have exp bar set to always on default and it goes away
Last edited by flynnn : 07/04/14 at 10:38 PM.
flynnn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/14, 12:36 PM  
nemokin
 
nemokin's Avatar

Forum posts: 13
File comments: 26
Uploads: 0
So my experience bar is not staying visible - I have newest version

i t/t reinstall using minion and manually deleting the addon folder and replacing it

I get the little window that shows the exp when i hover cursor in the upper left corner but thats it - the bar only comes up when i hit 'esc'

i am only lvl 38 so no Veteran points
---

k its Azurah - i dont wanna disable azurah but i do want to use this mod instead of that one for the xp bar - any ideas?
Last edited by nemokin : 07/04/14 at 12:48 PM.
nemokin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/14, 11:31 AM  
choekstr
 
choekstr's Avatar

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 222
Uploads: 0
Confirmed to be working great.
choekstr is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/14, 08:19 AM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Veteran Progress Bar Disappearing

This is a general update on my progress to figure out why the experience bar disappears after receiving veteran experience.

TL;DR I'm still working on it.

I made it to V1, but I'm still finishing up Coldharbour. I see the problem happening when I turn in quests, but I need to get to the point where mobs give vet exp for me to really test this. I can see the normal "hide->show" cycle when the quest dialog "interact" hud disappears, but with vet exp there's an extra "hide" event in there and I'm not sure what is triggering it. I'll keep looking, and thanks for the patience.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/14, 09:05 AM  
choekstr
 
choekstr's Avatar

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 222
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Re: Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by L8Knight
Originally Posted by choekstr
Ahh, good call. That is what it is. non-vet works great (had to create a new char as my 3 are all vet1 up to v12) but vet levels it disappears when any mob dies (1st mob in a group of 3 say it disappears).
Ok, cool. This gives me a lot to go on. I'm 20% into 49 so I should be at vet status pretty soon. That will help a ton to debug the issue. Please hold tight for a day or two.
Originally Posted by choekstr
(had to create a new char as my 3 are all vet1 up to v12)
Talk about first world problems.
Excellent, I can hold out, no problem and I appreciate you working to fix this. Just run Village of the Lost a few times and you should crank through 49 pretty quick.

And yeah, I chuckled when I realized I didn't have any chars under V1 and also bowed my head in shame saying I spend way to much time playing. Oh but how I love it...
choekstr is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/14, 03:43 PM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Re: Re: Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by choekstr
Ahh, good call. That is what it is. non-vet works great (had to create a new char as my 3 are all vet1 up to v12) but vet levels it disappears when any mob dies (1st mob in a group of 3 say it disappears).
Ok, cool. This gives me a lot to go on. I'm 20% into 49 so I should be at vet status pretty soon. That will help a ton to debug the issue. Please hold tight for a day or two.
Originally Posted by choekstr
(had to create a new char as my 3 are all vet1 up to v12)
Talk about first world problems.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/14, 10:35 AM  
choekstr
 
choekstr's Avatar

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 222
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by L8Knight
Originally Posted by choekstr
I did start mucking around in the code and selectively disabling any of the fading, various updating portions of the exp portion and for the life of me couldn't get it to stop disappearing when exp is gained. I thought it might be the showing of the exp gained but even disabling that portion to not show the amount of exp per kill it still disappeared. I am stumped...

I have been using this since you first came out with it (first day!) and consider it a must-have and it was working perfectly until the 1.2.3 patch and the api update afterwards.
Thanks for checking and experimenting. I wonder if its related to veteran ranks (which I am not quite yet a part of). Can you try this on a second character below level 50 and see if you see the same behavior? I also assume you're playing on Windows? That's really just another data point -- I'm on a Mac.

Also, can you see what happens if you comment out these two lines (202 and 203):

Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("SIEB", EVENT_EXPERIENCE_UPDATE, SIEB.ExperienceUpdate)
  2. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("SIEB", EVENT_VETERAN_POINTS_UPDATE, SIEB.ExperienceUpdate)

The text values should no longer update, but I'm curious if the bar continues to disappear.
Ahh, good call. That is what it is. non-vet works great (had to create a new char as my 3 are all vet1 up to v12) but vet levels it disappears when any mob dies (1st mob in a group of 3 say it disappears).

I spent a good hour and a half last night commenting out portions of the code, adding lots of SIEB.RefreshLabel() commands in places, even commenting out one, then the other, then both of those RegisterForEvent lines to no avail. Good thing there isn't a /reloadui spam limit.
I did another test just now and commented out just those two lines and still it disappears when a mob dies / VP is gained.

What I deduced is that even with just showing the exp bar only and nothing else displaying, no FlashGain, no RefreshLabel functions firing, removing the exp calculations, it still disappears. I even mucked with the SetAlpha values to no avail.
choekstr is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/14, 08:17 AM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by choekstr
I did start mucking around in the code and selectively disabling any of the fading, various updating portions of the exp portion and for the life of me couldn't get it to stop disappearing when exp is gained. I thought it might be the showing of the exp gained but even disabling that portion to not show the amount of exp per kill it still disappeared. I am stumped...

I have been using this since you first came out with it (first day!) and consider it a must-have and it was working perfectly until the 1.2.3 patch and the api update afterwards.
Thanks for checking and experimenting. I wonder if its related to veteran ranks (which I am not quite yet a part of). Can you try this on a second character below level 50 and see if you see the same behavior? I also assume you're playing on Windows? That's really just another data point -- I'm on a Mac.

Also, can you see what happens if you comment out these two lines (202 and 203):

Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("SIEB", EVENT_EXPERIENCE_UPDATE, SIEB.ExperienceUpdate)
  2. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("SIEB", EVENT_VETERAN_POINTS_UPDATE, SIEB.ExperienceUpdate)

The text values should no longer update, but I'm curious if the bar continues to disappear.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/14, 02:42 AM  
choekstr
 
choekstr's Avatar

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 222
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by L8Knight
Originally Posted by choekstr
I am also having it disappear quite often. I disabled every single add-on and as soon as the mob dies and it shows the exp the bar disappears.

Here are my settings:
- Transparency: 10
- Show Percentage Text: ON
- Show Cur/Max Text: ON
- Show Bar During Dialog: ON
- Always show Leveling EXP: OFF (vet1 on this char)
- Experience Gain Duration: 20 (wishlist for like 3x this time!)

Same exact behavior with or without other add-on's enabled.
I couldn't reproduce what you're seeing, but I tried to simplify the update handler -- that was my best guess at what was causing the problem. This version (2.7) makes the experience bar just like one of the attribute bars. It should show in the normal HUD and in the "cursor" HUD and optionally during dialogs, and hide all other times. I had to remove the alpha transparency feature for now.

Let me know if this changes the behavior.

I also added an option (thanks Brett'el for the suggestion!) to move the cur/max text below the bar to better fit veteran player displays.
Ok, hmm. Very strange that it isn't able to be reproduced. Using the updated version, on NA server, I removed all add-on's and ran plain vanilla except for slightly improved exp bar enabled:


And then I kill 1 mob and it disappears until I hit esc twice (BTW, even with "Always show leveling exp" ON in vet levels it disappears after VP/exp gain):


I did start mucking around in the code and selectively disabling any of the fading, various updating portions of the exp portion and for the life of me couldn't get it to stop disappearing when exp is gained. I thought it might be the showing of the exp gained but even disabling that portion to not show the amount of exp per kill it still disappeared. I am stumped...

I have been using this since you first came out with it (first day!) and consider it a must-have and it was working perfectly until the 1.2.3 patch and the api update afterwards.
choekstr is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/14, 09:08 PM  
L8Knight
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 6
File comments: 58
Uploads: 3
Re: Error after update

Originally Posted by choekstr
I am also having it disappear quite often. I disabled every single add-on and as soon as the mob dies and it shows the exp the bar disappears.

Here are my settings:
- Transparency: 10
- Show Percentage Text: ON
- Show Cur/Max Text: ON
- Show Bar During Dialog: ON
- Always show Leveling EXP: OFF (vet1 on this char)
- Experience Gain Duration: 20 (wishlist for like 3x this time!)

Same exact behavior with or without other add-on's enabled.
I couldn't reproduce what you're seeing, but I tried to simplify the update handler -- that was my best guess at what was causing the problem. This version (2.7) makes the experience bar just like one of the attribute bars. It should show in the normal HUD and in the "cursor" HUD and optionally during dialogs, and hide all other times. I had to remove the alpha transparency feature for now.

Let me know if this changes the behavior.

I also added an option (thanks Brett'el for the suggestion!) to move the cur/max text below the bar to better fit veteran player displays.
L8Knight is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.